Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED Guest Edit post form not displaying

This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Noman 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
As Guest.PNG
As Admin.PNG

Can you test and see if this issue has re-emerged with the latest tool set update?

https://toolset.com/errata/issue-access-guest-permissions-edit-forms/

When I'm logged in, I can see ALL edit content forms... When I'm a guest, the form do not appear.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Access Control.png

Hi Jon,

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support.

I am not able to reproduce this issue at my end with all the latest versions of Toolset plugins.

1. Please make sure that you have allow the Guests user to see your forms. Go to: Toolset >> Access Control >> Cred Form >> Guest (see attached screenshot)

2. If the above steps do not solve the issue, can you please share your Debug Information with us so we can see it?
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Looking forward to help you.
Thank you

Access CRED form.PNG

Definitely have ALL forms ticked for guest. see diagram.

Ive added the debug information for you.

Thanks in advance.

Noman
Supporter

Hello Jon,

1. I noticed you are using server cache (LiteSpeed) on site
- Please clear out your website cache, plugins cache, server cache (LiteSpeed), browser cache too.

2. To debug this issue I will need to take a look at your setup. So I need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the [Form] Edit Screen and [Page] Edit Screen where you have added the Form.

Thank you

Noman
Supporter

Hello Jon,

Thanks for providing login details.

- Can you please send us the Links to the [Form] Edit Screen and [Page] Edit Screen where you have added the Form.

- Also I have noticed a warning at the top on your website pages, which is coming from WP CSV.

Warning: file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /home/littlech/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-csv/wp-csv.php on line 299

Thank you

Hi Noman,

The warning was there as I just backed up the site. That has been fixed now.

You can find an exmample url containing the CRED form here - they are displayed inside a content template.
hidden link

This contains two of my edit forms that don't display when you are guest:
NEW Add Arranged Names (ID: 2329)
NEW Edit Team Photo Member (ID: 1415) (this is just a link to the edit form - click on the edit icon)

As I stated, ALL edit forms don't display when the unless you are logged in.

I hope this is all you need.

Noman
Supporter

Form in Tab 1.png

Hello Jon,

Thank you for providing details.

- I am able to see the form in Tab: Team Member List without logged in to your site. See attached screenshot.

- But, on tab 2: Arrange Team Names, I am also not able to see the form without logged-in. I am working on it and will get back to you soon with an update.

In the meantime, can you please confirm that you are now able to see the form in Tab 1: Team Member List without logged-in (as Guest)?

Thank you

Seeing Views has never been an issue. Only CRED forms.

The Team Member List View has always shown to "guest" user. The edit button (red cog) takes you to the form, but the form does not show as a guest. It does show as a logged in user.

This problem is identical to the issue i linked in the first post on this thread.

And yes. The Arrange Team Names CRED form does not show.

Noman
Supporter

Hello Jon,

Thank you for providing more details. I am also able to reproduce this issue at my end. I am escalating this issue to our 2nd tier support for further review and we will get back to you.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Noman
Supporter

Hello Jon,

We have published a new release for Access version 2.3.1. You can download it from your account:
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-types/

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***

Can you please now check the issue is resolved, with updated versions of Toolset Plugins.

Thank you

This has NOT fixed the issue.

I cleared the server cache, the browser cache. Updated everything.

If you login, you'll see I've done this all and the issue is not resolved.

Noman
Supporter

Hello Jon,

Thank you for getting back to us. I will check it again and will get back to you soon.

Thank you

Noman
Supporter

Hi Jon,

Thank you for waiting on this. I have checked it at my end and for some reason it seems to be not working. I am escalating this again to our development team for further review.

We really apologize for the back and forth.
Thank you

Max

Is there any news on this issue?
My guests can not renew the ads, because the form is not visible to the guests

There is no public solution for this yet, but I pushed the issue to a major one so this gets solved ASAP.
I agree that this is a major issue and needs to be solved already.

Thank you for your patience.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.