Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED Forms & Accessibility (WCAG)

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by julieP 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I'm currently reviewing a site to see what changes I need to make regarding accessibility and WCAG.

In the Accessibility tab of Developer Tools, the input fields on CRED forms are flagged as missing a label rendering them inaccessible. I've tried adding an arial-label attribute but it's not recognised.

How do I rectify this please?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

For now, we do not have any formal testing procedure in place to test the outpute as per WCAG standards but we are positive about it and will finalize the standard process and add it with our QA.

Any deficiencies we find in terms of accessibility we will fix those in near future but there is no ETA on it. I will keep you posted as soon as I will get any updates on it.

Hi Minesh

In some countries it is already a legal requirement to comply so we need a workaround for this. How do we achieve the necessary label on cred form input fields please?

Minesh
Supporter

I understand your concern but I do not have any solution to offer at the moment. I'll add your voice to our next level support for now and update you once I get any updates on this.

Minesh
Supporter

I checked with the current version of Toolset form and I can see the label is available with the Accessibility tab. Please check the following screenshot:
=> hidden link

Can you please check and let me know.

Hi Minesh

many thanks for getting back to me. I can see what you mean and can see it for my forms too so that's good news!

ticket closed

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.