Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED form Settings and E-mail Notifications not being saved

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

When trying to save a CRED form "Settings" or "E-mail Notification" the settings will not be saved if anything other than a single line of text is entered into either the "Display a message instead of the form" Settings field or the "Notification mail body:" E-mail Notification field.

It's hard to explain but see this video for a demonstration: hidden link. This shows with the "Settings" section but the same exact thing happens with the "E-mail Notification" section when anything other than a single line is added to the "Notification mail body:" field.

Wordpress and all plug-ins are up-to-date and I've tried disabling all plugins other than CRED and Types but it didn't help. I've also tried in latest versions of all major browsers.

y.S

Thanks Guys.

I am aware of the issues and reported them one by one.

Currently Settings and notifications in CRED get lost when you save the form if:
- you have %%USER_ID%% or %%POST_ID%% in the Email
- you have a Success message after form submit, with a content like this:

<p>p one</p>
<p>p two</p>

This will work thou if you saved:

<p>p one</p><p>p two</p>

These issues are due to security changes in WordPress we could not foresee.
I reported them and we will hotfix them ASAP.

Thank you

Hi Beda,
I have a similar problem with a form - notification settings have disappeared completely, and Captcha has disappeared on the form display (it remains in the form definition), meaning nobody can submit the form because it generates a 'Missing Captcha' error.
Regards,
Neil

As requested below, Captcha issue opened separately here https://toolset.com/forums/topic/captcha-has-disappeared-from-front-end-form-so-nobody-can-submit/

@neilr this sounds like another issue.

Please can you report it with the steps in a new ticket?
We will handle this ASAP.

Hi Beda,
Separate ticket opened here https://toolset.com/forums/topic/captcha-has-disappeared-from-front-end-form-so-nobody-can-submit/

A bit more information about our form problem. Settings and notifications all disappeared on a form that was set to 'go to page after submission', and it had user ID and post ID in the email.

Please await our updates any moment today.

We will release a hotfixa for all issues we found in the latest update of WordPress together with Toolset.

Thanks for the fast work on fixing this. It's much appreciated!

This is solved in the latest stable releases.

Please note that any erratum which you applied and still figures as open, will need to be applied again.

Thank you for the patience.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.