Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cred Form on Views Content Template

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Caridad 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Minesh.

Author

I have a Content Template that I am going to embed a [cred_form form="contact us"]

What I would like to do is somehow put some shortcode or something in there so that whenever someone fills out that contact form a hidden field is filled in that contains the post they were viewing. It could be the URL, the page title, another field from the page. I don't care. Just has to be something that makes it easy to know where they came from if they don't mention it in their contact request.

I was thinking you might have something like:

[cred_form form="contact us" refer="[wpv-post-url]"]

Thanks!

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This is Waqas here, on behalf of Ms. Caridad. She's on vacation and will back next week.

Meanwhile, you can try the following solution by adding a Generic Hidden Field to your form, as below:

[cred_generic_field field="referrer" type="hidden" class="" urlparam=""]
{
"required":0,
"validate_format":0,
"persist":0,
"default":"My Page Title"
}
[/cred_generic_field]

Please notice the "default" parameter in above field definition. You can set that to anything you want. I hope this helps you resolve the issue.

However, she will follow up with you, as she returns. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Hi Waqas,

I appreciate you stepping in for Caridad but I don't think that will work. If I enter "My Page Title" in there, then it will always have the same text show up in the field. I need this entry to be dynamic. I'm placing this contact form in different places throughout the site and on dynamically generated views.

Larry

You will need some code to resolve this.

For example, you can use a custom shortcode to display the referer field.

add_shortcode('referer', 'referer_shortcode');
function referer_shortcode($atts) {
  return esc_url( $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] );
}

Then you can use this shortcode in your CRED for to give a default value.
You can use a custom field to store the referer value and hide it with CSS.

[cred_field field="referer" post="post" value="[referer]"]

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,
Caridad

Hi Caridad, welcome back! I hope you had a great vacation.

I added the function you provided along with the custom field 'referer' to my form. However, it's not adding the referring information on submit. Am I doing something wrong?

Do you have created a single line custom field called 'referer' in your custom post type?

Did I need to? You're instructions didn't include that.

I'm sorry that I wasn't very clear, but I meant to say it in this sentence:

"You can use a custom field to store the referer value and hide it with CSS."

Regards
Caridad