Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cred form including parent and child related content

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Author

Hi
I have a parent post type called Members and a child post type call Related URLs (containing 2 fields Website and URL)
Ideally I would like 1 form to appear when adding or editing Members that also includes the childs post type fields.
Am I able to include both within the same Cred form or do I create a layout which contains both a Cred for each?

I have seen this https://toolset.com/forums/topic/display-post-relationship-fields-in-cred-form/ buit seems to suggest I would have an 'Edit this Related URL field' which goes off to another form.

Thanks

Hi,

You are right, in your case, it needs two different CRED Form:
One for creating "Related URLs" post, the another is for editing existed child "Related URLs" posts .

For example, in the single "Members", display below views (Step 1) + CRED form for creating child "Related URLs" post
1) create a view to list child "Related URLs" post
see document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/querying-and-displaying-child-posts/
2) In the loop of above views, display the CRED form for editing child "Related URLs" posts

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.