Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cred form edit does not work, it don't show edit form

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Author

I am trying to create a cred edit form

I expected to see my edit form

Instead, I got my post.

what can i do

This is the DOC how to create CRED Edit Forms for Posts and insert them to the correct place:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-cred-forms/

Basically, you do:

1. Create your CRED Form
2. Save it
3. Head to the Post you want to edit with this CRED Form
4. Insert the CRED Form with our GUI "CRED Forms" (this will produce a ShortCode)
5. Visit the page and see either the Form itself or the Link to it, if you chose to display the Link

To save yourself the hassle of doing this for every single Post, you do create a Content Template and insert the CRED Form in there, then you assign the Template to all your Posts.

From now on you will style the Posts in this Content Template.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/view-templates/

Let me know if this works for you

expect to see.jpg
fail.jpg

I create an edit form for the post type, then i add the link in the post with a conditional user: author / administrator, when I click on the link , it should show me the edit form, but instead it shows the post only.

on the first image it shows the entire post with the link (The link should take me to the edit form)

On the same image i show the link on the top

the second image is what it should show instead of the post

thank you.

Are you using Layouts Plugin and do insert the Link to the CRED Form in a Visual Cell?

If so, I confirm the bug.

If now, please exactly elaborate how I can reproduce this issue, as ll my tests to do so fail.

If you are using another approach please describe it, as all the information I passed you above do correctly produce a Link to the Form and the Form is shown after clicking it.

I use this on a content template cell:

<span class="product-tech-info">
  [wpv-if evaluate="('[wpv-current-user info='id']' = '[wpv-post-author format='meta' meta='ID']') OR ('[wpv-current-user info='role']' = 'administrator')"]
  <i class="listing-edit-button glyphicon glyphicon-cog"></i>
  [cred_link_form form='246' form_name='Editar Anuncio' text='Editar %TITLE%' target='_self']
  <i class="listing-trash-button glyphicon glyphicon-trash"></i>
  [cred_delete_post_link class='cred-refresh-after-delete' text='Eliminar %TITLE%' action='trash' message='¿Está seguro de querer eliminar esta entrada?' message_show='1']
  [wpv-if evaluate="'[cred-post-expiration format='U']'!=''"]
  <span class="expiration-date"> 
    <i class="glyphicon glyphicon-calendar"></i>
    [wpml-string context="wpv-views"]
    Expira:
    [/wpml-string] 
    [cred-post-expiration format="F j, Y"]
  </span>
  [/wpv-if]
  [/wpv-if]
  [wpv-if evaluate="'[wpv-post-status]'='draft'"]
  <strong class="add-expired">
    [wpml-string context="wpv-views"]
    Tu anuncio a expirado!
    [/wpml-string]
  </strong>
  [/wpv-if]
</span>

When i click on the link which gives me this code:

<i class="listing-edit-button glyphicon glyphicon-cog"></i>
  [cred_link_form form='246' form_name='Editar Anuncio' text='Editar %TITLE%' target='_self']

it takes me to this:

hidden link

but instead of show me the edit form it shows me the same post with different address(link)

I confirm you are experiencing the BUG I mentioned here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-form-edit-does-not-work-it-dont-show-edit-form/#post-407814

An CRED Edit Link used in a Layout will not work.
It's a BUG and our DEV is on it.

There is not much else we can do now.

The only possiblity is to use the CRED Edit Form Cell or not to use Layouts and insert the CRED Edit Link to a post body directly.

Hello David,

I’m Mohammed Toolset support second tier and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I've checked the issue and I confirm that we have this issue.
I've forwarded this to the development team so that they can check and fix it.

Please wait and I will notify you once I get any updates.

Thanks.

There is work in progress here, we are analyzing and reviewing where possible.

For now please use the Visual Editor, there is no other workaround I can present.

I know this is not a valuable solution, but I can not provide any fixed to this delicate matter.

It is planned to be fixed with layouts 1.8 (next release)

Therefore I put this Ticket now into "Fixed in next release" status, and will update here once it is solved.

Dear David, I have to apologise the delay and my wrong statement.

This is not a BUG as such, it is the way how we use Layouts in this specific case.

Please find a comprehensive explanation here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/post-form-edit-not-working-cred-preview-shows-blank-page/#post-422031

I thank you for your patience and apologise again my lack of advice earlier in the process.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.