Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED Edit User Form won't submit with uploaded image in thumbnail

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by jamesH-10 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

I am trying to: upload images to a user profile. This works the first time but once the form loads ( going back to edit the content) again I get a console error: An invalid form control with name='wpcf-white-card' is not focusable.

It seems that when the thumbnail is there the field is hidden and this might be getting int he way of error checking?? I am not sure.

I have disabled all other plugins and used a default WP theme to no avail.

The site is in development mode on a staging site with daily backups. Happy for you guys to have a look at what is going wrong here.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: will provide with login details in private message.

** Please note I cannot use Duplicator on WP Engine server.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi James

I took a few steps to test this, but as I will be absent for a few days I'm not going to take this ticket, simply report my findings so that you can comment on them and to save some time for the next supporter. We have Easter-related absences, so please bear with us until someone else is able to follow-up.

I visited the backend of your site with the admin credentials you provided.

You have one CRED edit user form "Edit Trade Account" which is added to a page Edit Trades Profile, so I assume this is the form we are talking about.

The form edits users with a Trade One Month role, so I created a new user with that role for testing (supporter: credentials are in the private hints for this thread).

I then visited the site in another browser, logged in, and visited the page with the form.

I was able to submit the form the first time having added content to all of the fields, no problem.

I then re-visited the same form and tried to delete some images and replace them with others.

The submit button did nothing (although in Firefox I saw no errors in the console).

Does that sound right for describing the issue?

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for getting back to me. I understand that the Easter break is upon us and hope you get some time to put your feet up.

You have described the issue exactly. Looking forward to getting further response on this ticket.

Cheers!

Updating status.

Thanks Beda, that works perfectly.

Can you tell me if file uploads will have a size limit and also if multiple upload files will be able to be capped at a certain number? So, I might have a field called pictures-of-cats and i want to have a max upload size of 2MB and only three of these files? Also what is the ETA for the new version?

Thanks mate.

Hi James,

It's not supported natively to check the uploaded file size by Types, I can fill a feature request for that if you want.
Alternatively, you can use the cred_form_validate hook: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_form_validate to add any custom logic to the form like checking the image size.

About the ETA of the next version, I can't promise you when we will launch it but make sure that the development team is working really hard to get it live.

Thanks.

Thanks for all of the support. I will open a new ticket for the next issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.