Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED Edit post form not displaying post content while passing id as a parameter

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by vijayB-4 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to:
I have a custom CPT called Events. I have a view which has 2 columns a list of events and an edit button.

The edit button links to a page which has the CRED form

Url link: hidden link

CRED form on the page edit-events
[cred_form form='edit-event'  form_name='Edit Event' post="[wpv-search-term param='id']"]

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I expected to see:
A Cred forms with all values filled

Instead, I got: a blank Cred form for events.

I followed instructions in this thread
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-can-a-edit-cred-form-shortcode-in-a-page-dynamically-receive-post-id/

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Before I continue can I check why you are passing the ID to the form in that way?

What is it that you want to do? You have a View listing events and you want to generate an Edit button for the current event in the loop, is that it, or something else?

(The advice for creating edit forms has changed since that forum post you linked to, see: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/displaying-cred-editing-forms/)

Dear Nigel,

I am using a page builder called Oxygen to build the Single post template.
I have tried using the suggestion in your post but I run into 2 issues

1. The content template does not get replaced by the slug and it uses the single post template which gives some wrong results
(e.g. hidden link)

2. I would rather have only the form displayed. Since I am not using Wp-toolset to build the Single post I am having this issue

The workaround which I have mentioned gives me a blank CRED for m and not one with values filled

hidden link

Thanks
Vijay

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Vijay

I realise we have two tickets discussing essentially the same issue. Let me see what you reply to the other thread before I comment further here.

Nigel
Supporter

No updates from you in the other thread, and rather than leave this in my queue (I'll be off for a few days) I'll mark it as needing feedback from you.

If you think we can follow-up anything outstanding in the other ticket then feel free to close this one.

Hi Nigel,
I have been travelling the past week. You could close this thread while I would respond to the other thread in a day
Vijay

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.