Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED edit form not showing

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the CRED edit form does not show up when the user uses the CRED edit form link shortcode to access his edit form for his post.

Solution:

It turns out that in this user's particular case the issue was being caused by a plugin conflict.

The plugin in question is "BadgeOS Community Add-On", what I recommend that you do is if you are experiencing any issues is that you disable all your non-toolset plugins and check and see if the problem still continues.

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by magnusT-2 7 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

All CRED edit form links show a post instead of the CRED FORM when clicking.

Wordpress 4.5.2
CRED : 1.6
Access: 2.0
Types: 2.0.1

I expected to see:
The edit form of the custom post type

Instead, I only see the post.

I recently updated the Toolset plugins, and it did work before. Not sure the update is causing the problem though.

Some code samples:
This is the view that shows the edit link for all the posts of a logged in user.
[wpv-view name="edit-song" cached="off"]

In the above view:
Filter: Select posts with the author the same as the current logged in user.

[wpv-layout-start]
[wpv-items-found]

<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
<wpv-loop wrap="3" pad="true">
[cred_link_form form='1153' form_name='Edit Song' text='Edit %TITLE%' target='_blank']
[wpv-item index=1]
<div class="row ">
<div class="col-sm-4">[wpv-post-body view_template="Loop item in Edit song"]</div>
[wpv-item index=other]
<div class="col-sm-4">[wpv-post-body view_template="Loop item in Edit song"]</div>
[wpv-item index=3]
</div>
[wpv-item index=pad]
<div class="col-sm-4"></div>
[wpv-item index=pad-last]
<div class="col-sm-4"></div>
</div>
</wpv-loop>
<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
[/wpv-items-found]
[wpv-no-items-found]
[wpml-string context="wpv-views"][/wpml-string]
[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

Thanks, I've got help a lot by reading this support, but now I can't find any existing subjects.

Best Regards

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Magnus,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind providing me with a link to the page so that I can have a look ?

Taking a look at your view i'm not seeing any issue here.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your response. The pages are within a closed network. hidden link You'll need login so if you provide me with your email I can create an account for you. Or what do you need?

All the best,
Magnus

Shane
Supporter

Hi Magnus,

Thanks but I need a link to the view that displays the edit form links.

I'll also enable the private fields for your next response so that you can provide me with the credentials

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Magnus,

Just as a precaution would it be possible for you to temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins and check the link again and see if the form will show up.

Once you have done this please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your advice. I found the issue. It was a conflict with this plugin: "BadgeOS Community Add-On" it is a plugin we can live without. Wanted to tell you so you know if any other similar cases show up.

Best Regards and thanks for great support!
Magnus

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.