Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cred doesn't save selecte values

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ido Angel 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi,
In continuation to this thread:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-saving-and-not-saving-data/

The problem occurs ALSO in select fields, not only the checkboxes. This in only after updating to WordPress 5.3.2.
the hotfix suggested here: https://toolset.com/errata/toolset-form-doesnt-save-checkboxes-field-values/ - doesn't solve the select field issue.

Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Thank you for raising this but I just checked with my test site which is having WP 5.3.2 and all Toolset plugins are updated to the latest official release and already applied the fix which is shared in the following errata page:
=> https://toolset.com/errata/toolset-form-doesnt-save-checkboxes-field-values/

Then, I checked with the form which is having a select dropdown field and when I submit a new entry with form, in the backend I can see the option which is selected while submitting the form. Am I missing any step here?

Hey Minesh,
Try updating an already submitted post.
Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Do you mean I should try to submit already created post using Toolset Edit post form or from backend admin?

Minesh
Supporter

However - just now I checked both the cases while editing the entry from backend admin and created the post edit Toolset form and tried to update the select box option to another option and it just works fine. I am not able to reproduce this issue on my test site.

Just try to run a basic compatibility test to rule out any possible conflict with theme/plugins:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

if your issue still persists, Please share the duplicator copy of your site and link to pages where I can see the issue.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

the issue with select field is with a cred form editing the post, not creating a new one.
i've checked it - it's definitely an issue with wordpress. once i downgraded to wordpress 5.0 - it worked.
thx!

Minesh
Supporter

That's really strange as I acknowledge with the previous reply I checked both in admin and edit post form but I could not able to reproduce the issue.
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-doesnt-save-selecte-values/#post-1423271

Can you please send me a duplicator copy of your site and problem URL where I can see the issue?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hey - Ok - once updated to wordpress 5.3.2 it's working fine. On 5.3.1 - didn't.
Thanks Minesh!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.