Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED Commerce support for the official WooCommerce Subscriptions extension

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by RaulS6474 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Juan.

Author

I would like to request that CRED Commerce supports the official WooCommerce Subscriptions (https://woocommerce.com/products/woocommerce-subscriptions/) plugin, so that a CRED Commerce user form can be used to ‘buy’ a WooCommerce Subscriptions product. I bought Toolset because I thought it already had this support.

The issue is that with WooCommerce Subscriptions, a user account, by definition, is always created by WooCommerce. So currently, either both WooCommerce Subscriptions and CRED Commerce create user accounts or CRED Commerce tries to do it but WooCommerce Subscriptions objects. So, it seems, to resolve the situation either CRED Commerce would have to delegate to WooCommerce or WooCommerce Subscriptions would have to delegate to CRED Commerce. In the latter case it might be as simple as CRED Commerce submitting the new user’s username and password to WooCommerce Subscriptions.

Please see my recent support thread for further detail: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/woocommerce-subscriptions-support/.

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Richard

Thanks for the feedback.

I must admit that I am not familiar with that particular WooCommerce extension, but it seems like an interesting one. We will have to check how this might integrate with our post expirations and notifications features, but it seems like a nice thing to have.

However, we might need to discuss internally whether we want to provide support for WooCommerce extensions or not. Please note that this would open a very interesting but also very big door for everyone. Sometimes, the right solution is to build your platform in a way that can be extended, and rely on third party addons or small snippets to complete the task instead of having dedicated code for each addon in our core plugins. This means that it might be posible than instead of supporting this addon natively, we modify CRED Commerce so it can be hooked externally as to build support for the addon in a third party piece of code.

Anyway, I am creating a ticket for this in our internal system, and we will discuss the implications of any decision. I am sorry that I can not give you an estimation or even a hint of what the outcome will be.

Thanks again for the request.

Regards.

This would be a huge help to me to! This is the big missing piece for me that would truly make it possible to build a proper membership platform with Toolset.

@juan – Thank you for taking the suggestion seriously.

I appreciate that there are a lot of WooCommerce extensions. However, I think WooCommerce Subscriptions is somewhat unique, because it effectively adds a new type of product to the standard simple and variable products. Also it would seem to be a very natural pairing to have your user forms support subscriptions, in a way it wouldn’t with a lot of other WooCommerce extensions. Finally, though I haven’t see stats for a while, I am sure I am right in saying that at one point WooCommerce Subscriptions was the top selling official WooCommerce extension. Anyway, I look forward to seeing what gets decided.

@gabrielg – Thank you for adding your voice to the request.

rt.

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Richard

Thanks for the feedback and for the extra information. It will be very useful when we evaluate this integration.

Regards.

Cool!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.