Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cred commerce form inside a product

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pat 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Pat

Hello,

I have a Cred commerce form that I have integrated inside a product template. This Cred form has a specific radio in order to define the product to buy (I have placed the different product ID inside the Radio field values).

When I try to use it, then it do not takes into account the chosen product, but the product where the Cred form is integrated in (meaning, this is like I was placing the add-to-cart button inside the product template, which is not what I want).

Is there something to have in mind to make what I need?

Here is a more detailed description :

I have a radio custom field (type-conference) which has 2 different options :
- Standard with value 9120 (the ID of the product I need to place in the cart)
- Special with value 9122 (ID of the special product to place in the cart).

I have placed this field inside a Cred commerce form in order to define which type of product the user wants. I have defined this field as the product to buy (The form specifies the product according to the value of this custom field:)
This Cred form is integrated inside the single product template (which has no "add to cart" button, only the form)

The result of this is that when clicking the Cred validation button, this is the product that is displayed which is taken into account (and not the one chosen by the user thanks to the radio field).

Any idea?
Regards
Pat

Hi, here are some ideas:
- Are Products 9120 and 9122 simple products, variable products, or virtual products?
- Did you create a generic radio field in the Form, or a standard custom field?

Pat

Hi Christian,

Both products are simple.
In the Cred form, I have a radio field that is used to defined the choice of the desired product. I have placed the product ID of the desired product in the value part of the radio field options.

Regards
Pat

Okay I'm not able to replicate this in a quick test. The product I select in the radio field is added to my cart successfully, not the Product currently displayed on the page. Have you tried deactivating all plugins except Toolset and WooCommerce, and deactivating any custom code or custom theme? Have you tried substituting a different product ID in the radio fields?

I would need to log in and see how things are set up in wp-admin to try to understand what is happening.

Pat

Hi Christian,

In the meantime, I have moved to another solution using variable product.

Many thanks
Pat

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.