Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED: Can't edit a post

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Adriano.

Author

Hi,

I created a business directory of about 200 listings. Each listing is assigned an author. The authors were set up as users in WP with an Author level permission. I created an edit form with CRED and inserted on to a page. However, when i login as a specific author that is the owner of a specific business listing nothing displays on the page (no link, no form). I am clearly doing something wrong and I hope you can help. Thank you!

Thank you vey much,
Michael

Dear Sammut,

I’ll send you a private email right now asking you for some private information that will help me debug this issue for you. Please check your email in a couple of minutes, and if you don’t get it, let me know so I can send it again.

Thank you, yes. I have emailed you back!

Dear Sammut,

It was a problem with Access, we already have a fix for it. Please download the latest version and replace your current version.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

I updated the plugin. I can see a link "Manage Listings" however when I click on it nothing happens. There is no form to edit. Thank you!

Dear Sammut,

I don't have sure what you want to do, but the behavior is as expected. You are adding a CRED link to edit some Business Listing, but you are placing it in a page, it is not make sense. This link should be place singles Business Listings pages, because this shortcode will render by the current post ID.

Maybe is better to create a View to show all business of the current author and place it at this page, instead of the CRED edit link. And place the CRED edit link in a Content Template which displays single Business Listings.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you! I appreciate the help!

You are welcome.