Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Creating taxonomy Archives page with Divi theme with two sidebars

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by francescoG-3 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update and glad that my message helped.

Redirecting WordPress Archive pages to shadow regular pages can work in this case, though it would mean some extra work, unfortunately.

Alternatively, you can also try creating two pages for each sidebar's content and then fetch that content through the same "wpv-post-body" shortcode, but including the "item" attribute.

Tip: You can specify the target post/page's ID to the "wpv-post-body" shortcode through the "item" attribute, when no current post information is available or when you need the post content from a different post/page than the current one:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions and for a new question or concern, you're welcome to start a new ticket.

Hi Waqar,
Thanks for your reply.

I have used the Tip you have written before:
Alternatively, you can also try creating two pages for each sidebar's content and then fetch that content through the same "wpv-post-body" shortcode, but including the "item" attribute.

Tip: You can specify the target post/page's ID to the "wpv-post-body" shortcode through the "item" attribute, when no current post information is available or when you need the post content from a different post/page than the current one:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body

And I have reassigned the WordPress Archives to Category Taxonomy, and the two "sidebars" columns are displayed correctly!!!

This solves the topic of this ticket.

Very thanks.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update and glad that my tip proved useful.

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and for a new question/concern, please open a new ticket.

We're here to help!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.