Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Creating repeatable Field Groups

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here was that the user was getting the error.

PHP Fatal error: Can't inherit abstract function Types_Interface_Value::get_value() (previously declared abstract in Types_Field_Part_Interface) in /var/www/html/wordpress-multisite/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/field/part/option.php on line 8,

Solution:

This issue was actually resolved in our Latest version of Types and I would recommend that you update to this version.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.72 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Capture.PNG

Hi,

I am following the instructions in your guide here : https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/creating-and-displaying-repeatable-field-groups/ but I don't see the "Add New Repeatable Group" Button on my Admin page (See attch) . Toolset Type version I am using is Version 2.3.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting our support.

Actually this is a feature of our Toolset Types 3.0 with the new relationship model. In order to get this feature you will need to install our version 3.0 of types.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I downloaded very 3.0. What's the best way to install it without overriding current data ? Install on top of 2.3 ? Or remove 2.3 first .?

Thankd

Shane
Supporter

Hi Michael,

You can simply override the previous plugin because its essentially the same but with the new relationship structure.

Thanks,
Shane

New Page - Brokern page.PNG
Toolset ver.PNG

I upgraded to the new version, but now my page is all messed up : hidden link

Server log :
[Thu Jul 19 11:53:14 2018] [error] [client 128.59.197.44] PHP Fatal error: Can't inherit abstract function Types_Interface_Value::get_value() (previously declared abstract in Types_Field_Part_Interface) in /var/www/html/wordpress-multisite/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/field/part/option.php on line 8, referer: hidden link

Broken page : hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Hi Michael,

Would you mind providing me with FTP and Admin access to the website so that I can take a look at this for you ?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Michael,

Could you try providing the copy using the duplicator plugin ?

I tried this backup but the import won't complete.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Michael,

As per our requirements page this should be compatible with toolset as a bare minimum but I would honestly recommend at least version 5.6 because i've seen where 5.3 has caused issus such as slowdowns and crashes so I would recommend at least version 5.6 or higher.

This is also maintain compatibility with the wordpress core as well which recommends at least php 7

Thanks,
Shane

Here's the Duplicator Backup : hidden link

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the backup, however 17gb is a bit much.

Duplicator has the ability to filter out the media files so could you tell it to exclude the media files and your wp-uploads folder?

This way we can get a much smaller file size for me to download and restore ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

The Duplicator backedup the full Mutlisite that's why the file was large. I can't reduce the file size since it needs the Pro version of the plugin.

Is there another way we can do this ?

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Michael,

Its a bit difficult to get things going here because of the many restrictions.

However are all the toolset plugins up to date? Meaning at their latest versions ?

If not then you can download the latest versions from the link below.
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Please try installing the latest types as well as our other plugins and let me know if you're getting this fatal error as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.