Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Creating Product Attribute from Frontend with Creed

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by yefeiJ 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I know it's possible to create products from a frontend CRED form, but is it possible to create Product Attribute with a CRED form, and than assign those newly created variations to this product ?

Thank you.

Dear philippe,

Unfortunately, there isn't such a build-in feature within CRED form, I just tested it in my localhost:
Dashboard-> Products-> Attributes
Add a new Attribute with slug "color2", then search the string "color2" in the database with PHPmyadmin, There are 5 database tables have the records of "color2":
wp_options
wp_term_taxonomy
wp_terms
wp_woocommerce_attribute_taxonomies
wp_woocommerce_termmeta

In above database tables, two of them is custom tables of woocommerce plugin:
wp_woocommerce_attribute_taxonomies
wp_woocommerce_termmeta

Which is out the range of Toolset plugin, I suggest you contact our certified partners for it:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

Ok, but is it possible to create variable products with predefined attribute than ?

For example, can I create in the backend the "Size" attribute, and than add the "S","M","L"',"XL" variations and create a CRED form where the user can create his product frontend and uses a radio field to choose in wich size the produc is available ?

If this is possible, is it possible to add a different prize to different variations. Example if a product is available in "25ml" and "100ml", I would like the user to be able to price his first variation lower than it second.

Thank you.

I tested in my localhost, the variable Woocommerce products is using a hidden post type "product_variation",
which is a child post type of post type "product", and can not be create/edit by CRED
you can view all variable products by run the sql in your database with mysql tools, such as phpmyadmin:

SELECT *
FROM `wp_posts`
WHERE `post_type` LIKE 'product_variation'

Ok, so even If the produc_variation post types are created in the backend, we can't assign an already created product variation via CRED ?

Because if you check this CRED form : hidden link

The Ticket Type section is a Product Variation Field. But even if I check some product variation, the item that is created is still a simple product with no variations.

Sorry, I just checked the URL you mentioned above, I get a blank page, please check it.
And there is a misunderstand in your post:
Woocommerce variable products is a custom post type ""product_variation"", which is a hidden post type, can not be created with CRED form, each variable product is a child post of "product" post.
When you use CRED form to create a "product" post, even you add terms of "Product Attribute", but it still is a "product" post, there isn't "product variation" feature within it.

I suggest you check out our certified partners for it:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

Okay, I understand.

So if I have products, a "T-Shirt" and a "Sweater" and both have a "Small" and "Medium" product variation, in fact what I would have is:

A Product T-Shirt
wich has a child 2 hidden varaible_product post type "T-Shirt Small" and "T-Shirt Medium"

and

A Product Sweater
wich has a child 2 hidden varaible_product post type "Sweater Small" and "Sweater Medium"

I can create the product easily in CRED, but not the variable product hidden child post type.

If I create a new post type that I name "Variations" and I add all the same custom field as the "product_variation", is it possible to have a script to automaticly convert my "Variations" post type to the hidden woocommerce child post and assign him the right parent ? I guess I'll have to check with your partners.

Thank you.

Yes, you are right, the some custom codes are required, for example, you can use CRED action hook "cred_save_data" to create new a new "product_variation" post when your user submit the CRED form:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-api/#csd

Ok thank you.

Hey Luo Yang - I am having this same problem do you think you could assist me?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.