Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Creating Layout for a single event with ‘Modern Events Calendar’

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to copy the Events Calendar plugin page templates to adopt to a custom post.

Solution:

Unfortunately due to the integrations of Events Calendar's template with its own directories, this was out of the scope of our support forum.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yannis Sintos 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello,

I use "Modern Events Calendar" in my website.
For a single event the layout is like this one hidden link
All i want to do is at the end of this layout is to insert some custom fileds that i have created in the "events" type.
I don't want to create a layout from the scratch, just add some content to this layout created from the plugin.
Is it possible to do so? Because if i try to create a content template through layoutes i have to do it from the scratch.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Yannis,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

You should be able to clone the Layout and use that layout as a base to create the new one.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

How can i clone the layout ?

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2018-10-30 at 10.22.50 AM.png

Hi Yannis,

There should be a duplicate button on the layout that when you click, it should clone the layout for you.

Thanks,
Shane

But this layout is not created by me. It is created by the "Modern Events Calendar" plugin. It is not part of the Toolset layouts.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Yannis,

Thank you for the clarity.

I was under the impression that this was created in our toolset Layouts plugin.

This would mean that there is a php template for this. Could you send me a copy of the plugin so that I can see how complex this plugin's templating is ?

If its too complex then you would need to contact one of the contractors that are registered with our site for further assistance with this.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Yannis,

Thanks.

I took a look at this and I would recommend contacting one of the contractors for this.
https://toolset.com/contractors/

Since this is essentially a 3rd party plugin request they would be better able to assist you than I am here.

Thanks,
Shane

I am unable to do so, since this is an academic institute, with no fanancial funds for this purpose.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Yannis,

The issue is that this is out of the scope of our forum support, as mentioned that the template structure is deeply rooted with the plugin itself.

Its not a template that can be copy and pasted.

The only other option is for you to completely rebuild this Layout. Also elements wouldn't be available in our Layouts plugin since its unique to the Events Calender plugin.

Is it that you just want the layout structure with the right sidebar?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shane

This is something that works great in competitors of yours. In "pods" you just add the content you need and it is automotically placed above or beyond of the post content.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Yannis,

This also works in our Layouts plugin.

When you add the Post Content cell you can add other content elements around that Post Content cell.

The post content cell will always display the content that is stored within the Default Editor of your post.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.