Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Creating custom header and footer with menu made in WPML

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Franco Calcagni 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

We need to user your new way of creating templates by using the custom post template but we need to include header and footer menus without achieving them from the main wordpress template.

We successful created a content template in 2 languages but we need to add header and footer that can be customized by using the WPML translations we created for menus.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Franco,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Our plugins don't have any control over the Menu areas and Footer areas of your theme.

These areas are usually setup using your theme options.

When you create a content template it will only make changes to the content section of your theme. Perhaps i'm misinterpreting the issue.

If you could send a screenshot of the areas you are exactly referring to then I could provide a little more information.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane I mean HEADER and FOOTER sections where logo and footer text are positioned.
Anyway, maybe we solved the issue on our own placing those elements in the content template and removing them from the theme php code.
Thanks anyway.

Franco

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Franco,

Ok so these areas would definitely need modifications to your theme's template file.

The content templates won't have control over these areas.

"Anyway, maybe we solved the issue on our own placing those elements in the content template and removing them from the theme php code."

I dont see how this would work because this will essentially break the theme. Also WPML should automatically display the translations when you view the page in the appropriate language.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.