Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Creating Cred Form on Post Form for CPT-onomies taxonomy

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author
Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 10.14.36 PM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am creating a user post form and I would like the ability for the user to select a Taxonomy term created by CPT-onomies called Related Pro(s).

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No. I did however cut the HTML from the back end post form meta box that I am using for this CPT and
pasted it in to the form builder and it sort of works. The user can now select a CPT-onomy, but if new
terms are added, they won't update to this form. Any idea how to make it better like the Stylist and Brand Taxonomies
ahove it?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I checked the page that you shared, but it seems that the form only shows to the logged-in users.

Can you please share temporary admin login details so that I can see how this form and the taxonomy are set up in the admin area?

I'll be in a better position to guide you accordingly.

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Joe,

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

I couldn't find any custom taxonomy named "Related Pro" but found those names in the custom post type named "Pros".

If your goal is to connect these "Pros" posts with "Lookbook" posts, you can first create a post relationship between these two post types, as explained in this guide:
https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/

After the post relationship is in place, you'll be able to connect these posts using front-end form, without the manually copied HTML:
https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-build-front-end-forms-for-connecting-posts/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.