Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Creating And Alternate Search And Pagination View

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi - In closed support threads, support agents have suggested that I can create an alternate search and pagination view as I am currently using on hidden link but instead use the duplicate view to display the same product summary on marketing landing pages including an add to cart button for each product summary displayed on the marketing pages.

The site owner does not want to display "add to cart" buttons on the current search results.

Toolset has helped me create a great searchable product library, but I would like to learn how to use the product files to create marketing landing pages that will not interfere with the current accuracy of the current search and pagination system.

I would greatly appreciate feedback on how I can create separate marketing landing pages for this current site configuration.

Thank you.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Charles,

Thank you for waiting.

I was able to reproduce the issue of Divi builder's editor not loading when editing a duplicated view's content template, on my own website.

Appreciate you brought this forward and I'll share the findings with the concerned team for further review. Will also keep you updated with the progress through this ticket.

Meanwhile, you can make the content template load the Divi builder, by following these steps:

1. From the view's edit screen, click the "Stop using Divi Builder for this Content Template" link.
( screenshot: hidden link )

2. Once the changes have been saved, click the button "Divi Builder".
( screenshot: hidden link )

3. After that, when you'll edit the content template, it will load the Divi builder's editor.

Note: I'll recommend limiting this ticket to this specific report.

If you have any follow up question to the earlier message ( https://toolset.com/forums/topic/view-search-pagination-results-display/#post-1172537 ), please open a new ticket and include the details.

regards,
Waqar

I created a new ticket here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/creating-and-alternate-search-and-pagination-view-continued/ and I are waiting for your feedback.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Charles,

Thanks for sharing the update.

I've noticed that Luo is already helping you with the other tickets.

I'll keep you updated about the duplicated view's content template issue, through this ticket.

For a new question/concern you're welcome to open a new ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Charles,

I have an update to share and a fix for this issue is planned to be covered in the next major release of Toolset Views (3.1).

I'll let you know once it releases.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Thank you.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Charles,

I'd like to update that a fix for this issue has been included in the releases of Toolset Views (3.1.0) and Blocks (1.1.0) plugins.

You're welcome to update and let us know, in case the issue still persists.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Thank you for your commitment to follow up. This ticket connects with other ticket topics which all span well over a year. I'm confused and would like to confirm exactly what fixes are you referring to have been included in the releases of Toolset Views (3.1.0) and Blocks (1.1.0) plugins?

FYI: Using Divi with Toolset on the art sites have been too problematic and made it impossible for me to duplicate and scale as I had planned. As a result, I am attempting to rebuild the artist website with a more simple footprint using Toolset Blocks. It would be ideal if Toolset apps could be used without dependence on any specific theme.

I have a social networking plugin on the same installation that requires the use of a specific Theme but also works well with Elementor Pro Plus. I hope that Toolset and Toolset Blocks will be compatible in the same installation enabling search functionality for page and post display results.

The original question of this ticket was in regards to how to take the Toolset search results and display them in different landing pages where featured posts may or may not have an add to cart button feature.

It would help me sort out this project if you can please tell me how the current fix update may relate?

Thank you for your help.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Charles,

Thanks for writing back and sorry about the confusion.

I'll be happy to clarify the issue that is fixed now.

Earlier when we started a discussion on this ticket, it was discovered that if a content template (with or without a post view) is set to be edited using the Divi's editor and then its duplicate is made, the newer duplicated copy is not editable through Divi's editor, but it opens using the default WordPress editor. This specific issue was fixed in the releases that I mentioned.

If your new build process doesn't include the Divi builder, then that is perfectly fine too. The objective behind the introduction of Toolset Blocks is to reduce the dependency on the third-party page and theme builders and allow more control and flexibility while using WordPress's own new Blocks based editor "Gutenberg".

The Elementor Pro and Toolset Blocks (for Gutenberg), both are the page builders and it is recommended to use only one of them at the same time. The Toolset Blocks plugin is designed for the websites where no other page builder plugin like Divi or Elementor is being used.

If you're using Elementor Pro to design your website's pages, it would be better to use the classic views and not the Toolset Blocks views.

Here is a detailed guide on how to use classic Toolset views with the Elementor:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/

I hope this clarifies and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Thank you for providing that valuable information. Divi in this particular project application has not worked out well and must be replaced as soon as possible.

I have come to trust Toolset over the past two years and I value your information and support.

You said: "The Toolset Blocks plugin is designed for the websites where no other page builder plugin like Divi or Elementor is being used."

I work in a market space where there is an over-emphasis placed on appearance, especially web and mobile page design. As a designer, I am confident in regards to what I can create using a main-stream theme builder but I do not have that same experience as of yet with the new Blocks based editor Gutenberg. The final point is that the site must appear competitive visually and not simply display pages with generic styling.

I need to recreate the existing website without Divi. If the Blocks based editor would integrate with Toolset in a more transparent and compatible way then a builder that might have conflicts, I am comfortable with that as long as the Blocks editor can allow me to create a competitive design., sans-builder.

Note: In addition to recreating the existing artist website, I need to curate editorial content such as articles related to the subject of art and blog them around the existing search and display function that Toolset will power.

If you feel I can achieve this all with Toolset Blocks, I am eager to proceed. Any tips on fast-tracking this new focus would be enormously appreciated.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Charles,

The Toolset Blocks is continuously improving based on the feedback and suggestions that we receive and it has in fact grown a lot from its initial release.

The best way to explore all its features and capabilities would be to experiment with it on a test website and see if it can help you achieve all the design/appearance goals for your new projects, moving forward.

In general, we don't recommend to use it for converting existing designs and layouts that have been already built using other page builders like Elementor, Divi etc, unless there is no strict timeline involved and you're comfortable with HTML and CSS customizations.
( ref: https://toolset.com/2019/12/toolset-blocks-1-0-build-beautiful-dynamic-sites-quickly-and-easily/ )

The other page builders do have years of head-start, but we're also fully committed to developing Toolset Blocks into a fully functional page builder that offers all the necessary features that users of those other page builders would expect and more.

I hope this makes it more clear and please keep your feedback and suggestions coming.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.