Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Creating an archive layout from the Layouts menu is broken

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidM-17 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Capture.PNG

I am trying to: I was making a video today to show how to create archives for a CPT with Layouts and it didn't work. So I created a new site and a new CPT, went to the Layouts menu, create new, gave it a name "Widgets Archive", selected 3/4 of the rows, inserted an archive cell, and clicked save. When I previewed I got an error "A WordPress Archive page should be used to display this layout."

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Localhost

I expected to see: The archive layout

Instead, I got: Error message

This is not a critical item for me, but a possible bug report.

This was on localhost. No URL or FTP, but the login name and password are given along with the duplicator package.

I forgot to mention in the steps that I assigned the layout to the CPT at the bottom of the Layout editor page.

L1.JPG

Dear David,

Thanks for the details, here is what I found in your duplicator package:

the layout "Widget Archive" is a WordPress archive layout, but you assigned it to single post of post type "Widgets", in your case you will need to assign it to archive page of post type "Widgets", see screenshot L1.JPG

Then test the result in the URL of archive page of post type "Widgets", for example:
hidden link

Capture2.PNG

Ah, I see what you mean. Sorry to trouble you.

Does it work?
Please let me know if you need more assistance for it, thanks

All good. Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.