Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Creating a 'Club'

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

We are building a motocross clubs website for our client and are struggling to find away to create an entity for the club itself.

Ideally, we want the club to have a Club Admin (someone who has permissions to add and edit content for that Club).

The Club Admin would be able to create new events (we’re using The Event Calendar) and add Riders (users) to the club.

As such, the Club itself isn’t a custom post type.

One of our developers says that we can build this in ACF but, most of our front end forms, etc. are built in Toolset and I’m pretty sure that if ACF can do it, then Toolset can as well.

Do you have any advice on our best way forward?

I look forward to your thoughts.

Kind regards
James

Is there any documentation that you are following? Unfortunately not.

Is there a similar example that we can see? The clients current site - hidden link

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi James,

Thank you for waiting.

My queue is quite heavy at the moment so I'm going to pass this to my colleague Beda so that you can get a speedier response.

He will update you soon. Thanks for your patience.

regards,
Waqar

You could achieve this with one role, that has rights to edit their OWN Clubb post type and create new ones.
That will ensure they cannot edit others in the backend, and with Front End Lists (Views) and eventually some Forms you can even avoid them seeing those clubs if you require that.
You can see how to add permissions like that in Toolset Access:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/setting-access-control/

There will be no need to create hundreds of user roles.

Alternatively, if you have many users edit the same club, but not others, you could use a Post Relationship, where you mimic the user to a post type and relate them to the right Club.
This is mainly explained here https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-create-custom-searches-and-relationships-for-users/

Please let me know if you need an example on a staging site, I can show you a minimal setup if required, in case you struggle with the setup.
I've activated private fields for that in case it's required.

Hi Beda,

Many thanks for your quick response. I'll try out your suggestion and will let you know how I get on.

Best regards
James

Ok, please don't hesitate to ask for help, either here or in new, separate tickets (it always helps to ask one question each thread)

Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.