Skip Navigation

[Resolved] create the layout I want

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Setup expandable/collapsable accordions block

Solution:

There isn't such a built-in feature within Toolset Blocks plugin, but you can try with other Accordion Block plugin, for example:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/accordion-blocks/

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by francineP 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Capture d’écran 2020-05-25 à 01.02.18.png

Dear support team,
Can you help me create the same layout as on the enclosed image, i.e. with text blocks in expandable/collapsable accordions? and clickable masonry gallery (on click on the picture, it appears full size)? thank you in advance

Hello,

I assume we are talking about Toolset Blocks plugin (the Toolset Layouts plugin is in maintenance status, so we don't recommend to use the Layouts plugin in your new project)
Q1) with text blocks in expandable/collapsable accordions
There isn't such a built-in feature within Toolset Blocks plugin, but you can try with other Accordion Blocks plugin, for example:

Q2) and clickable masonry gallery (on click on the picture, it appears full size)
I suggest you try with Toolset Gallery block of Toolset Blocks plugin, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/custom-content/create-image-galleries-using-toolset-and-custom-fields/

Dear Luo, thank you for your answer. I do not see how another plugin would change the situation versus using the Divi accordion module...is there a way for me to use the Divi accordion module and populate it with dynamic content from custom post fields created with Toolset? It is really a pity that Toolset blocks does not include an accordion module, specifically when your previous layout plugin used to include one....it is like going backwards....and it is a bit disappointing.

divi-source.JPG

I just tried it in my localhost with divi builder accordion module, it does support using Toolset Types custom fields as dynamic content source, see screenshot divi-source

Can you confirm it?

Capture d’écran 2020-05-25 à 11.42.58.png

Thank you for having checked, that is good news, however it does not seem to work on my side...I do not have that option...I have just Toolset blocks and Toolset types activated on my website...should I ask the help from ET? and once I solve that problem, how can I embed this accordion within a loop so that one accordion gets generated for each project (WP built-in post type with some custom post fields created with Toolset)?

accordion.JPG

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, in my test, I can see the custom fields in "dynamic content", see my screenshot.

For the question "how can I embed this accordion within a loop so that one accordion gets generated for each project":
Unfortunately, there isn't such kind of built-in feature within Toolset plugins, the Divi builder accordion module does not support embedding in the view's loop, you might consider to setup it with HTML codes manually.

I have tested other accordion block plugin in my localhost, for example this one:

It works fine in my localhost, here are detail steps:
1) Install above plugin
2) Create a post view, in view's loop, display below HTML codes:

<div class="wp-block-pb-accordion-item c-accordion__item js-accordion-item" data-initially-open="false" data-click-to-close="true" data-auto-close="true" data-scroll="false" data-scroll-offset="0">
    <h2 id="at-[wpv-post-id]" class="c-accordion__title js-accordion-controller" tabindex="0" role="button" aria-controls="ac-[wpv-post-id]" aria-expanded="false">
        [wpv-post-title]
    </h2>
    <div id="ac-[wpv-post-id]" class="c-accordion__content" style="display:none" aria-hidden="true">
        [wpv-post-date]
    </div>
</div>

It will output post title as accordion item title, and use post date as accordion item body.

See screenshot:

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.