Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Create Post Forms to let users send in new content with Divi and shortcode

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hey there I already set up some search forms via the legacy views builder and integrated them via shortcodes into my Divi layouts.

Now I need a post form for each of these custom post types that I already built search forms for, where users can send new events and these only have to be checked in the backend and then being published by an admin or editor.

How is the workflow to create such forms and then create them via shortcode into a Divi layout? And also adding the custom fields, that I created for the custom post type as input fields for the user.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I will require bit more information about your workflow.

Do you mean that you want to create a post form for every post type using which you want to submit the content from the frotntend? If yes - for what post type you want to create forms and what is the exact flow the user needs to follow.

Hello, thanks for your response. Not for every custom post type but for specific ones and those have different custom fields. These custom post types are: "termine", "flohmarkt" and "kindergeburtstag". If the user wants to submit content from the frontend, there should be a page with the form for each of those custom post types, which contains a field for each custom field and for title, description and category. He then can submit the content with a button and the content then needs to be approved by an admin or editor of the website. So in total I have to create three forms and want to integrate those via shortcode in the Divi layout.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

It seems to be possible. You just need to create three forms using Toolset Forms and then use the Divi's text module or Shrotcode module to display form.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.