Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Create dynamic dropdown of terms from custom taxonomy on CRED user forms

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Author
2018-05-09 18_42_45-As Customer _ Price My Ride.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?

-Create a select dropdown in a CRED user create/edit form that is dynamically populated with the terms from my custom taxonomy "Regions". This is so users can select a region and only see content that relates to it.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I have tried to implement this, but in my scenario it doesn't appear to work- just breaks my field- see screenshot (unless i've misunderstood the code): https://toolset.com/forums/topic/i-wish-i-could-load-a-custom-select-with-options-from-a-custom-taxonomy/

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Hello,

The thread you mentioned above is outdated, it is different in the latest version of WordPress, you can try these:
1) Create a custom select user field, field title is "My Regions"

2) Create a custom taxonomy "Regions", the taxonomy slug is "regions"

3) Modify your PHP codes as below:

add_filter( 'wpt_field_options', 'fill_select', 10, 3);
function fill_select( $options, $title, $type ) {
    if ($title == 'My Regions')  {

$options = array();
        $args = array(
			'taxonomy' => 'regions',
			'hide_empty' => false,
		);
        $terms = get_terms( $args );

foreach ($terms as $term) {
            $options[] = array(
                '#value' => $term->term_id,
                '#title' => $term->name
            );
        }
    }
	return $options;
}

And test again.

More help:
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_terms/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.