Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Create a good contents framework

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author

Hi Toolset,

I'm trying to create a good 'contents framework' for my job site. I have some requirements for this but i don't know exactly what the best way is to implement this in Toolset:

- a job has multiple attributes, like education, employment, company, location
- each attribute needs to have it's own custom fields
- a job can be created on the frontend and backend
- a visitor needs to be able to find a job in different ways (attributes)
- a job posting needs to be bought with credits (i'm thinking about hidden link of https://woocommerce.com/products/account-funds/)

I created this demo site hidden link and i now have multiple post types for all attributes (jobs, education, etc.). Each post type has multiple custom fields. I would like to have relations between the post types, to display these in multiple ways, like "All jobs within New York" or "All jobs in New York with high-school education level". The combinations are endless :).

I also tried to create a post form where users can create a premium job on the front-end. It would be nice if it's possible to extract all posts from a post type in a dropdown. For example a dropdown Education with High-School, University, etc. in it.

Hope someone can help me with this :).

Thanks,
Menno

Hi, there are a few critical pieces here that cannot be achieved with Toolset. Let me explain:
- It is not possible to filter a custom search View using more than one post relationship filter, except in chained one-to-many relationships. So if you want to search for Jobs using a filter based on Location, you cannot also use a filter based on Education. It's not allowed in the current system, only one post relationship filter is allowed.
- Currency, coupons, and credits are outside of Toolset's control. You can use Forms Commerce to place a product in a User's cart, but the checkout process is completely handled by WooCommerce.
- A custom select field with all the posts in a specific post type isn't built-in to the system. The best solution here might be a separate post relationship Form, where you can establish a relationship between two posts. Another option here might be a generic select field with the options defined by a View. Then use the Forms API to handle the User's selection and do something with it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.