Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Create 3 search bars that communicate

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hi,

I use The7 theme and I bought your package for $149. But I can't find the Toolbar Search function amongst other things.

I am making a site where you can search for cool events near your location. The search function should be based on 3-5 filters so far (maybe more in the future). A result should be a page with information, pictures, videos etc. and an add to cart button. On the website you can buy / book tickets.

I shall be possible for the host of the event to create a user and fill out a template that I pre-made. So every host gets the same template, but fills it out with different images, titles etc.

My questions so far are:
1) How do I create the 3-5 search bars / filters on the front page? You have to fill all filters out before hitting Search and the results should be based on all filters.

2) How do I create a pre-made template for the host to fill out and how do I split up the sign up process in 2 (sign up as customer or sign up as host)?

3) How do I make the templates as products so you can add an add to cart button?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I would like some video tutorials or any tutorials as I am totally new to Toolset.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
It's a little like airbnb.

What is the link to your site?
Im trying the plugin on a test site.

Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to Toolset Support.

Before moving to your specific questions, please note that as per our support policy ( https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/ ), we recommend limiting each ticket to a single topic/question. This makes it easier and more efficient for other users, searching for similar information.

I'll be replying each of your questions, through their separate tickets.

1) How do I create the 3-5 search bars / filters on the front page? You have to fill all filters out before hitting Search and the results should be based on all filters.

- Toolset Views plugin allows adding front-end search forms, to show the filterable list of content/posts.

These filters can be linked to custom fields, taxonomies or simple text searches.

We have detailed guides on showing content lists and front-end search forms at:

https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/create-and-display-custom-lists-of-content/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/front-page-filters/

If you have any questions related to any of these guides, please let me know through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar

HI there,
Thanks so much for all your answers but I still have a question:
I am using the7 theme and Wp Bakery Page Builder and Ultimate add ons. When I watch your videos it doesn't look the same at all at my ind. Is this because I need to disable my current pagebuilders (wp bakery and ultimate add ons)? I read before bying Toolset that it is compatible with the7 but is it also compatible with ultimate add ons and WP bakery?

Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for writing back.

The interface and the workflow can be different based on the editor that is being used.

For example, the steps and instructions shown in the guide https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/create-and-display-custom-lists-of-content/ are for someone who is using WordPress' new Gutenberg editor ( https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ ).

Likewise, the Toolset Blocks plugin is designed to extend this editor by introducing specialized blocks with Toolset features.
( you'll find the Toolset Blocks in orange color, under the Toolset tab when using the Gutenberg editor - screenshot: hidden link )

The goal behind the Gutenberg and Blocks is to minimize the need for custom code and reliance on third-party page builders like Divi, Elementor, WP Bakery etc.

Both, the Gutenberg editor and the Toolset Blocks are continuously being improved based on the community's input and they have in fact grown a lot from where they started.

On the other hand, Toolset plugins can still be used with other page builders like WP Bakery. If you'd prefer to use WP Bakery over the Blocks based editor, we have a guide on this topic at:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-wpbakery-page-builder/

I hope this makes it more clear.

regards,
Waqar

Hi there,
Thanks!

I have another question. How does the Star Rating system work? I see that it needs a dynamic source but how do I create this source? WooCommerce already has a rating system, that only allows users that have purchased the product and logged in to rate - and I would like that with the Toolset star rating too, to actually replace the WooCommerce rating function.

Is that possible?

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for asking.

To use the "Star Rating" block, you can add a new number type custom field with your post type, and then it will be available to be used as a dynamic source.

But this block's functionality is much simpler, as compared to that of a WooCommerce's rating system and can't be connected with it.

WooCommerce's rating system remembers the rating score set by an individual user while this block can only work with a single custom field value that is set with a post globally (i.e. same for all users).

I hope this clarifies and for a new question/concern, please start a new ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Aah I see, thank you!

I'm sorry for all the questions but I have another one. I think Toolset is really great so I really wanna make it all work for my client!

As mentioned earlier, there's 2 types of users on our site: Hosts of events, that creates their events by filling out information - and users that buy the events (customers).

This question is regarding the hosts.

Is it possible to create a nice frontend template where they fill in all their information, so they don't have to use the backend? I imagined this:
1) The host creates a host-user
2) The host will now be re-directed to a page where they fill out some fields with the necessary information (created and chosen by admin)
3) The host press "Publish" or "upload" or something, and they are done.

We want to take as much work and responsibility away from the host. They basically just have to inform us about their event. They shall not be allowed to change layouts or anything, because then we will have a different layout for every host - and some are good at creating and some are not. So we want to be in charge.

Here an URL with an example of what I imagine with the frontend template for the hosts:
hidden link

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-multi-level-user-environment/

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your question and since this thread has already become long, covering multiple topics, I've created a new ticket for your most recent question.
( https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-multi-level-user-environment/ )

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and I'll be replying to that other ticket shortly.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.