Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Crazy name being displayed in CRED success message

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am using the wpv-current-user shortcode to display the current User's display_name in a CRED form success message, but I would like to show their first and last name instead.

Solution: Remove the wpv-current-user shortcode and use the Fields and Views button to insert the correct information instead.

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by TommyW3563 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
2018-04-15_1102.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Why is there being displayed a "crazy name" in stead of the real name of the person sending a message to the advertiser?

How do I change that?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
See attached file.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 4.38.09 PM.png

You can edit this message by editing the CRED form. I'm attaching a screenshot that shows where this information is managed. If the person submitting the message is logged in, then the conditional shows their WordPress "display_name". You could display their first and last name instead by removing this shortcode and replacing it with the correct information from the Fields and Views dialog.

Thanks Christian - it works fine 🙂

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.