Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CPTs registered with Toolset not showing up in BuddyBoss timeline.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.81 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I am trying to: have all CPTs shown in Buddyboss timeline

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: all CPTs

Instead, I got: only WP posts and not CPTs. You can see all the other posts at the news page hidden link

All of my Toolset CPTs are enabled, "News Articles," "Big Idea," but none of them appear in the timeline.

It has something to do with how Toolset CPTs are registered. WP to Buffer (by Zinc) could not detect them either, they had to create a special plugin to register the Toolset CPTs.

Buddyboss was not able to display any Toolset CPTs ay anytime, every. Does the function of registering Toolset's Framework have anything to do with this? Please help.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Because the previous ticket was already resolved, I created this ticket to assist with this issue.

If you can reproduce this issue on our test site, I will check it again and escalate it to our 2nd Tier as a compatibility issue. That's important, as I can't consider it a bug only from your website. We need to make sure that it is reproducible on a clean install.

You can log into this test with the following URL hidden link
The Toolset plugins are already available, please install Buddyboss, create one CPT and one post to demonstrate the issue.

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 8.33.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 8.33.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 8.32.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 8.32.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 8.32.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 8.31.55 PM.png

Woocommerce Products CPT appears in BuddyBoss activity timeline, but Toolset CPT "News" does not. I confirmed the problem here on this site too. I don't think Toolset CPTs are registered in proper WP way.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your collaboration to reproduce the issue.

However, It does not seem to be an issue from Toolset, but rather an issue from the BuddyBoss plugin. Even a custom post type that is registered using custom code is not handled by the plugin.

I registered a new custom post type using custom code inside the theme's functions.php file hidden link
I activated it on the BuddyBoss settings hidden link
And it still does not appear on the activity page.

Please reach to BuddyBoss support and report this issue. If they can help you get this new custom post type registered, I am sure the Toolset-defined custom post types will appear too. If it does not, get back to us and we'll escalate it to the development team.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Woocommerce CPT Products was show in Activity. Was is it not? Does that not show that Buddyboss shows CPT. Just not Toolset and not the CPT that you registered, in the way that you registered. Do you now agree that it showed Woocommerce Products?

Jamal
Supporter

I do agree that Products and regular posts(the default Post type) appear in the BuddyBoss activity. Maybe they have special handling for WooCommerce.

But, because, it does not display a CPT that is registered through code(the default way of registering custom posts). I think that the BuddyBoss plugin has some bugs that prevent it from displaying other custom post types.
- https://developer.wordpress.org/plugins/post-types/registering-custom-post-types/
- hidden link

I do not say this as a way of avoidance of responsibility. But, I am sure you will understand that we can't be responsible for another plugin. Please reach to the BuddyBoss support team and if they help you display the custom post type that I registered using code, let us know and we'll check from our side. Until then, it is clear to me that it is a bug from BuddyBoss side.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.