Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CPT Content Page Showing Blank

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alok Sharma 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I have created a CPT called Problems and accordingly created the content template using Toolset Blocks.

Since I am using Elementor Pro, I have created a template to display all the singular posts & pages.

Now the problem is that when I view any post from Problems CPT, it shows a blank body.

I then created another template in Elementor Pro and assigned it to Problems CPT, but that didn't work.

I then edited a Problems post and set the content template to none. This time it worked. The Problem post started showing up but only for this specific post, not for the rest of the posts.

I wanted to find out a way on how to deal with Toolset Blocks and Elementor Pro inter-compatibility.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alok,

Thank you for getting in touch.

To get a good understanding of this issue I would need to see the page itself but it sounds like what you are describing is a case of when a page get assigned to a content template that is empty.

You mentioned that it only occurs with this specific posts, are all the other posts assigned to the same content template ?

Also if you assign the content template that was assigned to the post that wasn't working to another post does the issue persist in that post ?

Finally please send me a screenshot of that content template.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thank you for your reply.

How do I send you the WP Admin login?

Thanks,

Alok

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alok,

I've enabled the private fields for you to provide the credentials.

Please also link me to the post that has the issue as well.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

private fields

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alok,

Thank you for the credentials, however i'm not seeing where you sent a link to the page where i can see the issue.

However I did look at your content template and see that they are both empty. If any of these content templates are assigned to your posts, they will indeed show blank on the frontend.

If you are using elementor to build your page then there is no need to use content templates.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I guess you were looking into the wrong template, that's why you were seeing it as blank. The Template for Problems has the necessary fields.

This afternoon, I tried out everything but I couldn't make it up. There seems to be some compatibility issue.

Since nothing worked out, I reverted back to the earlier setup to make the Problems CPT pages show the contents.

Right now, if you view any Problems CPT post, you will see it appearing correctly. But as soon as you edit any post, change the content template to "Template for Problems" and then view it, it will show a blank body. Of course, you will have to go to the respective content template to change the usage so that it uses the respective content template to output the contents.

I got it right at 1st that if I am using Elementor Pro, then I don't need content templates, but I was rather more curious to try out Blocks.

Maybe you can try to duplicate the setup at your end to see if you can find a clue as to why a blank output is being shown.

Thanks,

Alok

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alok,

Its actually not recommended to use Content templates if you're going to use the elementor plugin to design your page templates. What you need to do is if you want to display field information in your elementor template you can use their dynamic widgets and pull the data from our custom fields.

Have a quick look at this video below.
hidden link

Since both plugins tend to overwrite the page templates you can only use 1 to design your page and not both. Views can be used within elementor if you want to display custom fields as well or you can use the Types shortcodes to display the fields.

However I will definitely be debugging this one further to pinpoint the exact issue to see why it comes up blank.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alok,

I was able to replicate the issue and have made a report to our 2nd tier supporters about the issue. I'll update you whenever there is an update.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thank you for the update.

Thanks,

Alok

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alok,

So I've gotten some information on this.

This one would fall under the limitations with Toolset and elementor as per our documentation here
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/create-templates-for-custom-post-types-with-elementor-and-toolset/#limitations-when-using-elementor-and-toolset-templates-together

So there isn't much we can do for this one as it falls under the limitations.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.