Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Count how many time Custom Post Type is show in view

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,
I have a problem with all counter plugin. I would be able to count how many times, a custom Post Type is show in a view.
The problem is that all plugin that do count, count how many times post type's link is open.

So, I need to have a counter (one for each CPT), that increment every time View enter in loop.

Or there is a way to increment a numeric custom field?

Thank in advance.
A.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Aleix,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately this is not possible due to how the post counter plugin works. When a post is being displayed in a view loop, the post is technically not being visited it is just displaying the list of posts.

You can look at it as an archive of posts. The post counter will only increment on the page that the view is displayed.

So in order to get a functionality like this you will need to create a completely custom solution 🙁

Unfortunately such custom work is outside the scope of our support forum, due to the fact that our plugins GUI and API doesn't support a functionality like this.

What I can do is recommend that you contact one of our certified consultants so that they can provide this kind of custom work for you.
https://toolset.com/consultant/

Thanks,
Shane

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.