Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Convert custom field to standard post wysiwyg editor field plus existing content

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

I am trying to: make a plugin (Mailpoet) recognize the wysiwyg editor content but I realize now that by creating a custom post field, I've made a mistake. I have existing content and a view for my current custom field.

How might I convert a custom field (multiple text lines) to the standard post wysiwg field? I need another plugin to recognize the content in that field. It recognizes the title and excerpt but since I didn't use standard post for the main wysiwyg editor, (instead I created a field) that content is missing on display.

I have exisiting content that would also need to be converted - and a view too.

I've searched the forum and have not found this info as I'm asking.
Site: hidden link
Post type: Sermon
Custom field: Sermon-Message - WYSIWYG field
Views: Sermons Paged & also View List Sermons

Captura de Tela 2016-01-04 às 14.32.44.png

Hello,

There is a built-in feature for that. Just access this page: wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpcf-custom-fields-control

Then select the custom field you wanna change and in Bulk Actions select Change Type. You should see just like the attached image.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,

Adriano Ferreira

The type already is wysiwyg. So that won't work. When creating this CPT, it asks if you want to use WP Standard Post. I didn't - and I should have. It also lets you uncheck standard fields - which I unchecked the standard wysiwyg field and instead created a custom field called message (also wysiwyg).

When I visit the Custom Fields Control URL you've provided and change type to wysiwyg, that isn't setting it to the standard post editor wysiwyg field, or is it?

I want my content to be placed in this field:
[Editor - Content input box for writing.] which is a standard WordPress field. Which is currently unchecked on this page: wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpcf-edit-type&wpcf-post-type=sermon

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be offering better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

What's the custom field you need to change to wysiwyg?

Adriano,
As stated in original description of this ticket:
Site: hidden link
Post type: Sermon
Custom field: Sermon-Message - WYSIWYG field
Views: Sermons Paged & also View List Sermons

If I understood right you want to convert your wysiwyg Types custom field to the default WP post body, right? That's not possible with Toolset, you may need to run a SQL custom query for that procedure.

Ok, Adriano. New approach - what about if I export the current content. Build a new content type with the field I desire, and then import content there. Would that work?

It may work, you will be populating the data manually. Both WYSIWYG and post body accepts HTML tags.

Thanks for your advice Adriano and your continued support. I appreciate it!

You are welcome.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.