Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conversion from Avada 4 to Avada 5 with Avada Shortcodes in Views

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MarkT8581 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: Upgrade from Avada 4.0.3 to Avada 5.1.6.

I have Avada shortcodes in my Views, Content Templates, Archives, etc. Avada 5 requires conversion of the shortcodes, but it doesn't convert the shortcodes that are stored in the Views, Content Templates, etc. I found this site that explains how to have Avada convert shortcodes in custom types, but not sure that Views stores it's fields in custom types :hidden link

Is there anyway that you know of to point Avada to convert the shortcodes that I have in my Views, etc? I thought maybe you've got a solution to this since you integrate with the Avada theme.

Thanks!
Mark

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Mark

I wasn't aware you needed to run something to update the Avada shortcodes, I'm surprised the Avada update doesn't scan the database automatically for its shortcodes.

In any case, if you need to specify the post types where Avada shortcodes may be included in the steps outlined in the document you linked to, you should include the 'view-template' post type (Views Content Templates), and you may want to include the 'cred-form' post type if you have added any Avada shortcodes to CRED forms.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks. I've found there is also a post type of simply 'view' so I tried that one as well, but it seems that, at least at this point, Avada is not converting the shortcodes stored in those post types. I'm going to keep working at it and see if I can figure it out. Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Mark

Let me know if you get it working or not. If you are still struggling I might be able to take a look.

Thanks. I haven't had much time to devote to it recently. I may have to take you up on your offer. Thanks!

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Mark

Did you get anywhere with this?

I've been working on another project for a while but see that this issue is not resolved or closed.

If you need some help, let me know where you're at.

Thanks for following up. I tried to manually recreate the shortcodes to Avada's new format, but had a lot of trouble. I ended up deciding to stick with the current version of Avada I'm on and applying the manual security fixes they recommend here: hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.