Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Control access on a user basis for CRED and ACCESS

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Author

I am in the process of using Toolsets plugins to build a site to manage the various client projects my company undertakes. I have experience using Toolset on a few different projects and am comfortable with the interface. The requirements for this site are as follows

1) Each project may have one or two "clients" assigned to the project
2) We undertake 2 - 3 projects a week and each has a different client (and potentially some of them do repeat)
3) They should be able to view the projects created (we create the Project for them once we have the contract details) and should be able to edit some of the details on the project like a notes field for example

My question:

- What is the most efficient way to give them access to a "Project Register" of only the projects that they should have access to. They should not see any projects they haven't been given access (access = viewing and potentially updating the projects).

Given that we may have 100+ named user accounts I haven't been able to efficiently set individual accounts to a custom post type called "TeamBinder Projects" for only projects they should have access to. They should not be able to see the header of the project either.

Dear zafarI-2,

In your case, I suggest try with Access Groups, see our document:
Limiting read access to specific content
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/limiting-read-access-specific-content/

Thanks Luo. Can the user edit a post that I create (but I don't want all users except for this specific user editing this post).

How would I achieve this?

There isn't such a feature within Access, I suggest you setup this specific user as the post author of the post, then follow our document, grant the "Edit own" privilege to the custom user role:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/setting-access-control/
Edit own – create new content and edit content that each user has created

Hi Luo. I believe this has solved the problem to an extent. Could you add the ability to control a specific post easily to only one user please? I can see others developing portfolio type environments for large clients wanting similar functionality.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.