Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Continue: post status not updated properly when multiple of product in cart.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ianG-5 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I already have a topic (https://toolset.com/forums/topic/post-status-not-updated-properly-when-multiple-of-product-in-cart/#post-1679491) open but I took to long and it got closed.
Is it possible to reopen that ticket or should we proceed from here?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that this is the new support ticket and Luo will be able to follow-up on this, once his shift will start tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience.

regards,
Waqar

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can login your website, and tried these:
1) Open URL
hidden link
Fill and submit the form
2) It redirect me to Woocommerce checkout page, fill and submit the Woorcommerce order
3) In dashboard side, "Line Ads" posts list:
hidden link
I see a new "Line Ads" post is in a correct status "pending", this is setup in your Toolset Form "new line ad", section "Post status when the payment status updates", option: Purchase processing
hidden link

4) Go to woocommerce order list, and change the new order status to: Completed, go back "Line Ads" posts list, I can see the new "Line Ads" post is in a correct status "Published".

All are working correctly, is there any missing steps? thanks

Yes you are missing step, the issue is it doesn't work when more than one item is added.

For example a customer could order 2 or more line ads.
Follow steps:

1) Open URL
hidden link
Fill and submit the form
2) It redirect me to Woocommerce !CART! page,
1) Open URL
hidden link
Fill and submit the form
2) It redirect me to Woocommerce !CART! page, You should now have 2 in your cart! fill and submit the Woorcommerce order
3) In dashboard side, "Line Ads" posts list:
hidden link

You should also see other orders where I have done this.

Thanks for the details, I can duplicate the same problem in my localhost, and have escalated this issue, will update here if there is any news.

Currently, you can edit the post form "new line ad"
hidden link

In section "Checkout process", switch to option "Clear the cart and include only the selected product", then user can only submit one Woocommerce order each time.

Disappointed we haven't had any news of any fix for this, doesn't seem to be a massive technical fix needed for updating one versus many.

This was one of the main uses that led me to choose Toolset for this project.

I have checked it in our to-do list, it is marked as bug of Toolset Forms Commerce plugin, our developers are working on it, I will keep on updating here if there is anything news.

Here is update from our developers:

The developer has considered this, and notes that the plugin currently only supports using forms to purchase a single product at a time and is not intended to work adding multiple products to the cart before checking out. The changes to implement this are not trivial, because there are various other parts of the code—relating to status changes and notifications—that would be affected. This has been accepted as a feature request—to support multiple products—but we cannot give any time frame for when it will be implemented.

Currently, we suggest the client uses the setting "Clear the cart and include only the selected product",.

Is there any options for paying for development from the Toolset team?

If this is not possible, can we get more information on key areas that need to be addressed so that I can get this feature developed.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.