Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content Templates with Elementor?

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by digiumM 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

i know currently it is not possible to style content templates with Elementor Page Builder. That would be a really powerfull combination and i would love it.
So annyway want to ask if you working on it and if there are any workarounds to use Elementor?

Hi, we have received a few requests to integrate Elementor into our Content Templates, but we do not currently have a plan to integrate. I'll be glad to add your vote and note the importance of this feature for you, but I can't guarantee anything right now.

It's still possible to use Elementor to design any single post or custom post type by selecting no Content Template for this post. When you insert a Text widget into any Elementor design, you can use the Fields and Views button to insert Views shortcodes. Once you have a design complete, you can save it as an Elementor template so you can reuse that on multiple posts. So as far as workarounds, it depends on what you want to accomplish. There's not a workaround to use an Elementor design in a Content Template, but it is possible to use Fields and Views to some extent in an existing Elementor design.

2017-11-15_09h59_04.png
2017-11-15_10h07_26.png

Thank you so much Christian.
What exactly should happen if i click "fields and views" button? Currently nothing happens on all my installations. No dialog, no popup - nothing.

Including a view-shortcode works ok (as shown from Agnes here hidden link)

It turns out there is an open compatibility issue that our team is trying to address by collaborating with Elementor. Unfortunately the button is not working at the moment, so it would be required to copy + paste shortcodes into the Elementor design. Sorry for the misinformation I provided about that. I will be glad to update this ticket when I get more information about a solution to that problem.

Any progress on Elementor + Toolset integration?

Hi, our development team is currently in communication with the Elementor developers to collaborate on some solutions. I don't have anything more to share at this time.

Thanks 4 feedback. Elementor talks about deeper integration with Toolset too.

Hi, just going through old tickets and cleaning up the forum a bit. I would like to point out that integration with Elementor has been improved, and we now have these documents available: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/

The Fields and Views button is no longer available, and Elementor has introduced a Dynamic Content feature. We will continue to work with Elementor to improve the experience of using both systems together.

Thanks for the follow up on this. Toolset is our preferred software for CPTs and Custom Fields, and Elementor is our preferred Page Builder. Any updates and integration going forward is much appreciated!

For a little background, we used to use the Divi theme as our base, but due to bloat and some other reasons we've built our own base theme that we use for all of our customers. What I miss about the Divi integration is the Content Templates you could layout with their page builder. It would be very nice if Toolset could utilize Elementor in the same way.

Are you working on being able to use elementor for content template designs? Doing something like a video widget using multiple video types (youtube, vimeo, wistia, etc) is a breeze in elementor, but not in the current content template editor. Am I missing some integration or check box to get this working?

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/update-on-content-templates-with-elementor/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.