Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content Templates for Taxonomy Archives not working correctly

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Gavin 4 years, 1 month ago.

Author

Hello

I am redesigning a site - switching from using Layouts to using Content Templates and the Block Editor.

I am using a blank theme (Beda's Minimax) - so very simple.

I designed the native WordPress Page content template and also a content template for one of my custom PTs. All worked fine.

I then decided to design a Content Template for a Taxonomy Archive (term) and this is where things have gone wrong.

If I view the Taxonomy Archive Term in the front end then I get the Content Template produced multiple times down the page with some extra data at the top of the page. It is acting more like an archive loop rather than a Content Template? Is this what is happening? Surely the content template should work for just displaying one taxonomy term?

Thanks in advance

Gavin

Interesting...

So in the following URL, 'stop' is a taxonomy and 'alveolar-stop' is a taxonomy term.

hidden link

I shouldn't be able to paginate to more terms... very odd.

Also... some terms (i.e taxonomy term pages) don't yield any results at all.

btw... I have tried different themes but the problem persists.

Also... with the Content Template empty, I get multiple versions all with the same header...

Going to resubmit this ticket.

Gavin, just a note:
MinimaX-1 is not really ready for Gutenberg or non-Layouts designs. It's old school (I really made it for Layouts mainly)

Please stay tuned on GitHub:
- soon I'll add an automatic updates notifier included in the themes and plugins
- a new theme version without Layouts but Blocks in mind will be available
- eh, if I would have more time...

I hope this helps to avoid to run into future issues with MinimaX-1/Gutenberg

Thanks. I switched to my own custom theme in the end. 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.