Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content Template stopped working

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JSG 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

JSG

After an update my Content template for my staff post type stopped working. I get this error

Since this page uses a layout, styling with a Content Template is disabled.

I checked and I do not have any layouts defined.

When i refresh the page, my content template shows up then quickly goes away and I get the error.

Site is. hidden link
hidden link

Dear JSG,

I tested the URL you mentioned above:
hidden link
There is a 404 error, that means wordpress can not find the post in above URL, I suggest you check these:
1) You are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) Dashboard-> Settings-> Permalink
Click "Save Changes" button, this will reset the rewrite rule of your website.

3) Deactivate other plugins and switch to Toolset starter theme, and test again.

4) If the problem still exists, please provide a database dump file of your website in below private detail box, I need to test and debug it in my localhost.

For the new questions:
Q1) The other does not have the Content Template available, only the Template Layout.
If you have assigned the post with a layout, then "Content Template" option will be overridden, so the metabox "Content Template" isn't available

Q2) Should I be change over the using the Template Layout instead of the Content Template
It depends on yourself, if you need to use Layouts plugin to format your post, you can use Template Layout instead of the Content Template

JSG

I ended up turning Layouts off and that solved the problem.

Thanks for you help on this.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.