Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content template seems to forget it’s usage

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Make a change to a content template build with Divi.

I got: The message: Some of your settings for this page have changed, because they got copied from the Product enkele weergave template. To change these settings you should edit Product enkele weergave.

Solution:

This is a known issue, you can try this:
Edit above content template:

In section "Theme Options", option "Layout" choose "Use Theme Settings", and test again

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by petranL 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: Make a change to a content template build with Divi

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: Just the changes in the post

Instead, I got: The message: Some of your settings for this page have changed, because they got copied from the Product enkele weergave template. To change these settings you should edit Product enkele weergave.

Modified settings: Layout.

After that I have to go to the content layout again to change the usage and then resave

Hello,

It seems to be a compatibility problem with Divi, please check these:
1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, deactivate all Custom code snippets, and test again

2) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

2) If the problem still persists, please provide a copy of your website, describe detail steps to duplicate the same problem. thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will update here if there is anything found

I can import your duplicator package.

I assume we are talking about this content template: Product enkele weergave
Edit it with Divi
hidden link
click "Update" button, I see the message same as you mentioned above:

Some of your settings for this page have changed, because they got copied from the Product enkele weergave template. To change these settings you should edit Product enkele weergave.

Modified settings: Layout.

This is a known issue, see similar threads:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/message-when-saving-custom-post-with-an-assigned-divi-layout/

It has already been put into our to-do list as a feature request, our developers are working out.

Currently, you can try this:
Edit above content template:
hidden link

In section "Theme Options", option "Layout" choose "Use Theme Settings", and test again

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Regards,
Petran

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.