Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content template not showing for newly created posts

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by filipeC 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screenshot of older shipwreck.jpg
Screenshot of newly created shipwreck.jpg

I have a custom post type (Shipwreck) that is displayed using an Elementor single template (Shipwreck Page).

hidden link

It is working correctly for the first two shipwrecks I created (e.g. Test Shipwreck: hidden link).

But when I create a new shipwreck (for example, using the "Create New Shipwreck Form" hidden link) they show up in the archive page (hidden link) but the template does not load when you open it (e.g. hidden link).

As you can see in the screenshot (screenshot of newly created shipwreck), only the header and footer are loading. In the older shipwreck (screenshot of older shipwreck), you can see the template.

This was previously working correctly.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

First of all - After checking to debug the information you shared with us, I found that you are using outdated Toolset plugins. We always recommend running your site with the latest stable release plugin version.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest officially released version. You can download the latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Then, I logged in to your site and when I visit the page that list the content template assigned to single post:
=> hidden link

I found that the 3 items was attached there, I just click on the button "Clear XX Shipwreck" as you can see with the following screenshot:
=> hidden link

I can see now the post is displayed as expected on frontend:
=> hidden link

Can you please confirm it works as expected now.

Screenshot 2020-10-18 133826.jpg

It is displaying correctly on the test site now, thank you.

When I went to repeat the steps on the main page, it looks different from your screenshot (see screenshot). Should I click on "Bind 2 Shipwrecks"?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Yes - you will require to click on that button can you please do that and let me know if that works.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.