Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content template for taxonomy items

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Desktop screenshot (8).png
Idiomas ‹ ESmedo   Empresa de Traducciones y Servicios Web — WordPress.png

Hi,

on this site I have created a taxonomy called "Idiomas" (languages) and I added terms (languages) with a description for each.

When you click View each item, you go to a taxonomy item page where there is a loop with the custom posts associated to that taxonomy term (see screenshot).

I'd like to create a Content template with the Divi builder and customize the way each "Idioma" item looks like. For example, I don't want the sidebar, and I'd like to show the description for the item and a list of all the custom posts related to that taxonomy item... It seems with Toolset you can only customize the loop assigned to each Archive.

Can you please help? I hope I made myself clear

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - If you design your archive using Toolset or you are using the content template, You will see the theme options as stated with the following Doc using which you can control the theme option such as sidebar etc..etc..

Please check the following doc for More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/design-archives-for-custom-post-types-with-divi-builder-and-toolset/#changing-theme-options-for-your-archive

Please read my message and see the screenshots. I want to edit the taxonomy items output, not the archive...

I will ask the question again..

Minesh
Supporter

Hello Daniel,

Please accept apologies from this end if you feel so, but I would like to make things clear here. With my first reply, I had added the word content template like " or you are using the content template," so that those settings which I showed you as you are using the Divi theme will be applied to the content template as well.

As divi theme is integrated with Toolset (as well as its one of the theme which we recommend) you should be able to see the theme settings at bottom of content template or archive (if you are working with archive). Such theme settings like sidebar etc.. should be controlled using theme settings.

Please check the following section - do you see that section with the content template you design for your taxonomy :
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/create-templates-for-custom-post-types-with-divi-builder-and-toolset/#controlling-divi-settings-for-each-content-template

I tried that, but it's not working.

For example: I have created a taxonomy called "País" (Country) and one of the taxonomy items is "Alemania" (Germany"). Inside the taxonomy term I included some text in the Description field. See; hidden link

Under Layout Settings>Layout I chose Fullwidth, as you advised me to do.

The problems are:

1.- The sidebar is still there (No fullwidth is applied)
2.- It is showing a link to the custom posts that share the same country (Alemania), BUT the Description text is repeated after each post link. I just want it once, on one column, and then, on another column, a list of the related posts.

I hope I made myself clear.
Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please share the access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Hello Daniel,

I see now you created a WordPress archive rather than the content template? Did you change your mind to use WordPress archive now?

However - to test the issue on clean install at this end to check for compatibility between Toolset and Divi theme I need your child theme copy. Could you please send me the zip file of your child theme.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.