Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content template for new custom post won't display content.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to:
Use Content Template

I visited this URL:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Content Template for 'Case Studies'

Instead, I got:
An empty page with no content template.

Dear robert,

I suggest you check these:
1) Switch to wordpress default theme 2016, and test again
2) if the problem is fixed, please check this option:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> Front-end Content
option "Theme support for Content Templates"
Content Templates modify the content when called from the_content function. Some themes don't use this function, but define their own. If Content Templates don't work with your theme then you can enter the name of the function your theme uses here:

Hello there,

Thanks for your help - yes, when we switched themes, the project was fixed, however when I followed your instructions, I wasn't able to resolve.

Instead of showing the content template, clicking on a "case study" now leads to a blank 404 page.

Per your instructions, I did turn debugging on and enter the values I found (attached) - but again, not it leads to a 404 page (rather than previously blank Case Study page)

Thanks in advance!
Max

I see you are using a theme "Uncode Child", since it is a compatibility problem and I do not have a copy of it, I can not duplicate same problem, could you provide a downloadable URL for the "Uncode Child" theme and it's parent theme, I need test and debug it in my localhost.

Sorry, there isn't any URL in your private information, please check it. thanks

The file is about 500M, I am trying to download it, will feedback if there is any found

Thank you, yes the theme unfortunately ships with a few heavier plugins.

Best,
Max

Sorry, I have tried to download the file 5 times, but all of files are broken, this file is too big (500M) to download, could you provide downloadable URL for only the parent theme? thanks

Hello, unfortunately the theme (and also the parent theme) are both included in that link - we don't have a way to limit the size due to the includes with the theme.

Would it be possible to send this to you via some other means, for example, "WeTransfer" - for this I would need an email address to direct the link to.

Thank you in advance and sorry for the troubles!

Max

Can you please try this new URL - we've optimized it for our server, which should make sharing easier.

Thanks!
Max

Here is the new URL

hidden link

Thanks for the new links, I am trying to download it, will feedback if there is any found

Please try this, copy theme file single.php from the parent theme folder "unicode" into child theme folder "unicode-child", edit it, line 560~ 566
modify it from:

/** Display post html **/
	echo 	'<article id="post-'. get_the_ID().'" class="'.implode(' ', get_post_class('page-body' . $bg_color)) .'">
          <div class="post-wrapper">
          	<div class="post-body">' . do_shortcode($the_content) . '</div>' .
          	$navigation_content . '
          </div>
        </article>';

To:

/** Display post html **/
	echo 	'<article id="post-'. get_the_ID().'" class="'.implode(' ', get_post_class('page-body' . $bg_color)) .'">
          <div class="post-wrapper">
          	<div class="post-body">';
			the_content();
	echo '</div>' .
          	$navigation_content . '
          </div>
        </article>';

And test again

Hi guys,

This seems to have helped! No more 404's - at least not for now.

I also realized that disabling the "layouts" plugin helped as well - take a look below; multiple post types! And the case study seems to be working.

I did get one fatal error that showed up in the footer of the case studies, but the problem doesn't seem to be showing up right now.

We'll be in touch on progress - again thank you so much for your help, really excellent service!

Portfolio Page
hidden link

OK, please let me know if you need more assistance for it, and please create new thread for new questions, that will help other user to find the answers. thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.