Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content restricted by Post Groups still showing in view

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Content restricted by Post Groups still showing in view - hide or remove it when displaying with view

Solution:
You can use views "wpv_filter_query" and check against the current user roles and roles assigned with the post group.

You can find the proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/content-restricted-by-post-groups-still-showing-in-view/#post-1163812

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views-filters/#wpv_filter_query

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ian Henderson 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Finally - happy to share the solution. Please feel free to close the ticket 🙂

OK this is really great - it seems to be working perfectly. Thank you for your assistance here - I think this is a common requirement on this site so it would be good to add it as a sticky. Can you please leave this thread open for another few days in case there are any further problems?

Is it possible to include this feature in Toolset? It seems really important - if one is using Access Post Groups at all, then they should work with Views, since Views is really at the core of the entire Toolset ecosystem.

Thank you again for your assistance here.
best
Ian

Minesh
Supporter

I will add your voice to the internal ticket we have for this feature.

Thank you. glad to know that solution I shared works 🙂

Please feel free to resolve the ticket.

Minesh
Supporter

Would you mind to mark resolve this ticket 🙂 Thank you 🙂

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.