Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content Is accessible despite setting it to "should not be visible"

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hello, I am using Access Control. In the settings I have defined that content on hidden link should not be viewable by people who are guest visitors (those who have not yet logged in). Despite that, the content shows up to anyone who logs onto the pages.

Maybe I am doing something wrong. I am using Elementor and Elementor Tabs which loads templates in the page.

Thank You

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi there

I set up a quick test on my local site where I was using Access to deny guests the ability to read posts of a particular type where the template to display those posts was created with Elementor, and it worked as expected.

So, I need some more details about the set up.

This is a static page where the content in tabs is designed using Elementor.

What is it that you want to control using Access? The entire page? I also designed a single static page with Elementor, managed Pages with Access, and then added this particular page to a Posts Group where I denied guest users read access. This also worked as expected.

Can I get more details about exactly how you have set this up, and what you are trying to hide from guests?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.