Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Contact poster of job

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ScottM9386 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I want to build a job posting site. So...lets say I have a custom post type "jobs" a user (or maybe just a guest, not sure yet) fills out the form and posts a job. On the other end, only the logged in user looking for the job can see the job posts.
I think I know how to do all that.
What I don't know how to do is create a "contact the poster of the job" form, with it's own custom fields....the contact form of course would be within that job post.
Ideally it would be a modal window (I know how to create modal windows).

Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Scott,

Thank you for getting in touch.

For this to be a modal you will need to implement this with some form of bootstrap modal and then add the form to the modal.

What I would recommend is that you create a messages CPT and set it to relate to the Job post in a Post type relationship, One to many where 1 message is connected to one Job Post.

This way you can add the contact seller form to the Parent Job post and from there the user can use this form to contact the seller.

Please let me know what you think of this and we can go from there.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you Shane!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.