Skip Navigation

[Closed] Connecting Parent to child admin pages

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello,
I am having a project that bring me more complex structure.. so for example.. i connect 3 custom post type. Then i need admin page (grid)c onnect to other admin page (grid).

For example. I have brand, manufacturer, product

So on the backend... from brand grid table, i can directly connect and filter product, then i can connect to manufacturer.

How to do this kind of admin grid connection. Any tutorial?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screenshot 2020-04-14 at 2.02.57 PM.png

Hi Viktor,

Thank you for getting in touch.

"So on the backend... from brand grid table, i can directly connect and filter product, then i can connect to manufacturer."

Based on this you want something similar to what we offer for the post relationships when you create a post and connect it to a relationship. See Screenshot

This only appears on the page/post that is in the relationship. This post can either be the Parent or the Child.

Except for this table there is no other method to set the posts in a relationship through the backend.

Please let me know if this is clear.

Thanks,
Shane

the screen you mention is inside post detail right ?

Imagine if you have the admin table of Brand Listing, then you need to drill down data within admin table. for example, you need to know list of product within the brand (child post type), then we have link titled "Product List", when you click the link, you get redirect to another admin table from the brand you want

hope you get clear expectation of my issue

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Viktor,

Thank you for the explanation, however your exact requirements are not possible with Toolset.

Currently this is how we have it.

Lets say we have a Many to Many relationship between Libraries and Books. If you want to check which Books a library has you will need to go to Libraries and then select the library from the list of libraries in the CPT.

Then when you scroll down you will see a table similar to my screenshot in the previous post. This table will contain a list of all the Books that are in a Relationship with the current Library.

If you click on a book, You will be taken to a page where you can edit that book, however you will see a similar table with all the libraries that the books are attached to.

Please let me know if this clarifies our Toolset functionality.

Thanks,
Shane

The topic ‘[Closed] Connecting Parent to child admin pages’ is closed to new replies.