Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conflict with Visual Composer

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Whenever I have Visual Composer, Views and Types activated, the Visual Composer Save Button does not work.

Solution:
This issue will be fixed in the next release of Views and Layouts.

In the meantime, you can update Types plugin to current Development Version and this will resolve the issue.

Download and install Types from the following link: https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/types.zip

Or please follow these errata page instructions: https://toolset.com/errata/no-changes-possible-visual-composer/

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by morktron 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
range-error.png

Hi, when Types is installed and I try to edit a Page with Visual Composer plugin (VC) then some of the VC buttons do nothing and in the Chrome Console it says:

Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded

I've disabled all plugins except Types and VC. I'm testing with the default 2015 theme.

I've also sent a support ticket to VC, I'll let you know if they find a solution. Meanwhile please let me know if you can find a fix, thanks

I think you experience a known issue and it's solved by this Errata:
https://toolset.com/errata/no-changes-possible-visual-composer/

Can you confirm the solution proposed solves your specific case?

Thanks

Hi Beda, thanks for getting back to me, I had high hopes for that fix, but sadly after upgrading to the dev version (2.0.1.1) I'm still having the same issues 🙁

Please let me know if you can think of anything else, thanks

That's weird as the issue you describe should be solved by the Errata.

Can you send me a Site's Snapshot to reproduce it and send to the Developers?

We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

Thank you

It works fine here.

Can you elaborate what exact Buttons aren't working, and how I can see the JS errors, as I can't reproduce this problems locally.
What is to note, I did use only Toolset and the VC plugin, so the issue might also come from another 3rd party you use.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Beda, thanks for getting back to me. It was the Post Masonry Grid and a few other buttons that caused the issue. However - some good news: I decided to change my web host and am now with Siteground instead and there are no errors!

So I'm assuming the issue was due to my previous web host and my local server not allocating enough server resources to the site.

I'm so sorry to have taken up so much of your time! Maybe it would be good to have a server resources check built into Types.

Anyway thanks again for your kind help 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.