Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conflict with Sydney Toolbox (required with Sydney theme) and Toolset Types

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I use WordPress, Toolset Types and Views latest versions, as well as the Sydney free theme (child theme). The theme requires the Sydney Toolbox plugin, which creates several post types, such as Testimonials, Clients, Services, Employees, etc.

When I activate Types to create another custom post type, the previous ones just disappear from the back office. As soon as I deactivate Types, the post types created by the Sydney Toolbox plugin come back.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Solution:
There must be something wrong in the Toolbox plugin like post type or code execution priority which is causing such issue. Toolset Types handles post type registration & priorities quite carefully and works with all plugins including WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads etc.

Moreover Sydney Toolbox plugin is 8 months old. As of today, the update or checking needs to be done at Sydney Toolbox end.

Alternatively, you can use Toolset Types to re-create your post types and use Views plugin to display content.

Relevant Documentation:
- https://athemes.com/forums/topic/sydney-toolbox-types-and-custom-post-types-not-showing-in-admin-bar-multisite/#post-364734
- https://athemes.com/forums/topic/toolset-types-or-sydney-toolbox/#post-339724
- https://athemes.com/forums/topic/sydney-toolbox/#post-589863

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stefanp 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
types-deactivated.PNG
types-activated.PNG

Hi,

I use WordPress and Toolset Types and Views in their last version, as well as the Sydney free theme (child theme). The theme requires the Sydney Toolbox plugin, which creates several post types, such as Testimonials, Clients, Services, Employees, etc.

When I activate Types to create another custom post type, the previous ones just disappear from the back office. As soon as I deactivate Types, the post types created by the Sydney Toolbox plugin come back.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Thank you very much

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I believe this should asked to Sydney Toolbox plugin author.

I have tried to reproduce this issue at my local site (installed and activated Sydney theme and Sydney Toolbox plugin), but I can not see any Toolbox option to create Custom Post type. It is also mentioned here as well:
hidden link

I have also searched for the workaround but could not find any solution to make Toolbox and Toolset to work together at a time, here you can see related issues:
hidden link
hidden link

There must be something wrong in the Toolbox plugin like post type or code execution priority which is causing such issue. Toolset Types handles post type registration & priorities quite carefully and works with all plugins including WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads etc. Moreover that plugin is 8 months old. So I think this needs to be reported to Sydney Toolbox support. Feel free to send them this threads link.

Thank you

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Please let me know if you hear something from them or if you still would like me to report this ahead to our 2nd tier support. I will be happy to do so. I would need steps to reproduce the issue as well as the theme & plugin.

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks a lot: I did read the threads taht you posted in your message. Indeed, I will contact the aThemes team. Meanwhile, I need Types more than I need the Toolbox, so it will have to make do.
I figure if I use Views as well, that should get me somewhere, perhaps even better than with the Sydney plugin 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.