Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conflict with Site Kit by Google plugin

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by umbertoZ 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi, I've Toolset and "Site Kit by Google" plugin installed. When both are active I cannot access Toolset Settings, I see this message:

There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

I get this error message on debug log:

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Google\Site_Kit\Core\REST_API\REST_Routes::register_routes() must be an instance of WP_REST_Server, string given, called in /home/kfwufjmy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/google-site-kit/includes/Core/REST_API/REST_Routes.php on line 93 and defined in /home/kfwufjmy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/google-site-kit/includes/Core/REST_API/REST_Routes.php:105

Stack trace: #0 /home/kfwufjmy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/google-site-kit/includes/Core/REST_API/REST_Routes.php(93): Google\Site_Kit\Core\REST_API\REST_Routes->register_routes('')
#1 /home/kfwufjmy/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): Google\Site_Kit\Core\REST_API\REST_Routes->Google\Site_Kit\Core\REST_API\{closure}('')
#2 /home/kfwufjmy/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(312): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#3 /home/kfwufjmy/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /home/kfwufjmy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/common-es/php/Blo in /home/kfwufjmy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/google-site-kit/includes/Core/REST_API/REST_Routes.php on line 105

We are going to contact also Google, but maybe you can check if the problem is on your side.

thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This is a known issue, please see this erratum which includes a patch to resolve the problem: https://toolset.com/errata/fatal-error-on-the-toolset-dashboard-page-when-using-3rd-party-plugins-that-use-wordpress-rest-api/

Thanks. I uploaded the patch to /wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/common-es/php/Block/Style/Responsive and it I overwrote ToolsetSettings.php file, but I still get error.

Any idea?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Did you also update Views from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2?

That is a requirement for the solution.

If not, after updating you will need to re-apply the patch.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

View was updated to 3.1.2 and it was still not working. But now I uploaded again the patch and now it works!!!

Is it possible it was a caching issue?

Well, now it's fixed.

thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.