Skip Navigation

[Closed] Conflict Types and Mashshare plugin

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 3.36.38 PM.png

Conflict with Mashshare plugin:

(This happens with Types version 2.2.5 but not with 2.2.1)

When I try to update a page, I see a box saying:

Do you want to leave this site?
Changes you made may not be saved.

In the console I see:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'call' of undefined
at t.validator.check (jquery.validate.min.js:2)
at t.validator.checkForm (jquery.validate.min.js:2)
at t.validator.form (jquery.validate.min.js:2)
at HTMLFormElement.<anonymous> (jquery.validate.min.js:2)
at HTMLFormElement.dispatch (load-scripts.php:3)
at HTMLFormElement.r.handle (load-scripts.php:3)

Can you address this? It impacts the ability to publish and update posts.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Mike,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have carefully checked the issue you have posted here. I am able to reproduce it at my installation. I can see that the page content gets updated when we click on “Leave” button in the dialog box.

I can see that the error is emerging from this path:
/wp-content/plugins/mashsharer/includes/admin/meta-box/js/jquery.validate.min.js?ver=4.8.4

So it is possible that there is something that may needs to be fixed on MashShare end. But I am going to first check with our senior staff to double check and see what we can do about the plugin conflict and I will update you soon on this, if this is something needs to be fixed on our end we will definitely be happy to fix.

Thank you for reporting this, Have a great day.

Noman
Supporter

Hello Mike,

After discussion with my team, I have Escalated this conflict to 2nd Tier support / developers. They are going to test it further at their end and will let us know when there is a resolution.

I will update you as soon as I hear back. Have a great weekend.
Thank you

Noman
Supporter

Hello Mike,

Thank you for waiting. It turns out that these are basically two separate issues.

1. For dialog box or page updating issue, our developer said that it’s a compatibility issue that may need collaboration with the Plugin’s author. So it could take some good time or delay at our end to get it sorted out.

2. Where as the other JS error is coming from the Plugin MashShare, and I am not so sure that we will be able to resolve this as its related to 3rd party plugin. You may wish to report this to original plugin author.

Just wanted to update you, have a great day.
Thank you

Noman
Supporter

Hello Mike,

Hope you are doing great. Our development team found a workaround for MashShare Plugin conflict issue.

- Please download & extract this file:
hidden link

- Then replace this file at the following path in your website:
wp-content/plugins/mashsharer/includes/admin/meta-box/js/jquery.validate.min.js

This will resolve the Updating dialog box issue. Our development team will be working with the plugin author to add compatibility with Mashshare plugin in a better way.

I have tested this and it worked fine at my end. You can give it a try and confirm me. Have a great day. Thank you

We cannot replicate such issues anymore, if you see such issue, please open a new ticket with us, so we can help.

The topic ‘[Closed] Conflict Types and Mashshare plugin’ is closed to new replies.